Monday, April 4, 2011

BALANCE


It looked like spring on my walk yesterday but it was cold which was good because it made me walk faster.

We had our book study at our place last night and I actually made cornmeal muffins.  I am trusting it is just corn grounded up but although is says no additives it does not say gluten free.  I was not up in the night with gas pains so I think they must be okay.  This morning I do my slow walking and talking and may go visiting this afternoon if I feel up to it.

We were discussing faith and reason and which should come first.  Hearing other people's experiences is what makes this group a lot of fun.  One ides is that religion is basically female, a heart experience that often cannot be put into words, but in order for men to gain control they have made rules and dogma to try and contain and control religious feelings.  This has taken the life out of it for a lot of people. 

Wisdom in the Bible is called She.  I believe that the emotional wisdom that we as girls have is the gift we have to give to the males in our lives.  Yes, God is neither male or female but beyond our understanding but there is an emotional energy that comes from God that is very feminine.  I know I am valued as a woman and by giving of myself I am transformed.  The princess waits for the prince to rescue her but modern day women are finding they need to rescue themselves.

Everyone has a different experience that can begin with faith or with reason.  It is good when there is a balance.  We always have a good discussion.  I was very tired when they left and was glad dad did the cleaning up.  Also I had a nap in the afternoon while dad worked on his gate again.  I am really liking it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is strange as the flowers are starting to show but it is so darn cold. Did you get the thunder and hail? I wanted to take a video and put it online but was too lazy.
Sandra

beth bennett said...

No thunder and hail here but others in our group had experienced it.
love mom

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good discussion. I think I would tend to argee with the idea of males/rules/heirachy going together.

Love,

Rick