Wednesday, April 27, 2011

UNBELIEVERS

I cannot believe my computer has gone blank three times.  It is annoying beyond belied

Most of us wanted to believe that the Canucks would win.  They are a good team and they put all their heart and strength into the game.  As I was drawn into the excitement I was wishing, and hoping and praying and I wanted to believe they could win.  Panteli came and joined us to cheer on the team.  So even though it is raining today our unbelief has disappeared and the rain seems to be beautiful because everything has changed for a time.  We are all winners and can share in the excitement of this moment.

During the past few weeks I have been drawn into the gospel stories and I honestly know that I read them with belief because I want to.  History is fascinating to us all as we read stories written about the past.  What we believe affects what we do.  Today we feel like winners.

The disciples who walked with Jesus felt like winners and the freedom he was promising was freedom from suffering and oppression.  They had been longing for a powerful leader, one who inspired faith by his words and his actions.  People where healed just by touching his robe, or by his putting spit on their eyes, or by his words.  Words that produced healing life.

Their hopes and dreams died as they ran and deserted him crushed by unbelief.

Jesus was leaving earthly time to enter into eternal time.  Unbelievable. 

His life lives on in all that is beautiful and even the sorrows of this life promise hope that is beyond our understanding but within the belief that each one of us carries about life's potential.

Yesterday I sat in the sunshine pulling weeds that I know will have grown again over night.  It is an on going battle.  Just like my battle with gluten that I can never ignore although some may think it is exaggerated.  It is certainly no fun having to check all the ingredients.  I am sure it was easier for Sandra to make a cake that was full of gluten than having to figure out what can be used and what cannot. 

I certainly appreciate her delicious chocolate cake.


This is what I need when checking labels.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to admit I was one of the unbelievers. It must have been a very good game, did you all stay up until the end?
Sandra

Shandel said...

YAY!! Canucks! i knew they could do it too! and i am glad they had your prayers, thoughts and good energy to take them to the winning goal. :)

I take your gluten free diet seriously! i too have come to realize how hard it must be. I made gluten free vegan treats a few weekends ago and it was a struggle. in fact out of the four only three types of treats were gluten free. I will try to make the carrot apple muffins again but with pure gluten free ingredients.....:)
happy shopping and i hope its not to hard. Ps we have a place here called Kinnickkinnick foods and its a gluten free grocery store...everything in it is gluten free!!! too bad there wasnt something like that closer to you....although my dad told me they do wholesale shopping on line!!! maybe that could be the answer to your gluten free eating prayers?? if you would like a website let me know i can find it for you <3 thank you for a lovely read today
Namaste
<3
shandel

beth bennett said...

Sandra, No I went up to have a bath and get ready for bed when I heard the cars honking so knew they had won.

Shandel, Yes send me the web site. There are health food stores here that have lots of stuff that is gluten-free so it is a lot better but at an ordinary store it can be a challenge.

Thanks. love beth

Anonymous said...

I was agnostic.

Love,

Rick

Anonymous said...

PS Just get a new computer. That one is probably full of virsuses and adware and sorts of silly stuf.

Rick