Saturday, April 30, 2011

NOTHING

I had plans for a lazy day just spreading some bark mulch and doing some wedding.  Found out I did not have enough so off to Home Depot and bought a few extra plants while I was there.  Came home all excited and happy to plant them and after i had found the right spot which is a big decisions I tucked them into the dirt and stood back to admire them.  It was then I remembered I had forgot the bone meal so dug them up and replanted them; but by this time the plants looked very unhappy and I talked to them telling them life was not always easy.

It  would hit home to me in the evening with my tired body dressed by bed ready to watch a funny show when dad felt pain in his kidney.  I felt so bad seeing him in pain.  He drank some water and I got the heating pad for his back and got dressed and went to buy some cranberry juice.  They only had a few people working the tiles and the lines were all really long.  Meanwhile dad was worrying because I took so long.
He seemed better and has slept all night.

I talked to several neighbors while I worked in the garden and we talked about health problems.   every age has it's problems and there are things you just have to learn to live with.  But my advice is to take care of your health to the best of your ability while you are younger.

I do enjoy the warmth of the sun and the silent times outside.  A time to let my thoughts become quiet and my emotions calm..  I think about all the different changes in my life from marriage to babies to being a grandmother and great grandmother.  I think about the miracle of new growth and listen to hear the whisper that  reminds me to embrace my humanness aware of the unconditional love that surrounds us al

NOTHING is quite as comforting as a gentle snoring beside you.  All is well!

We are cancelling our plans to drive over to Burnaby to see Shirley.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure the flowers will recover with a little water and a bit of sun over the weekend. I never realized you were so interested in gardening Mom.

Glad that Dad's kidney pain didn't prevent him from sleeping through the night.

Love,

Rick

Anonymous said...

Dad is very lucky he found you.
was it the juice that helped?
Ken

larry bennett said...

Yes Ken you are so right!!

The juice and lots of water seemed to do the trick.