Thursday, April 28, 2011

WILD GOOSE CHASE

Dad and his friend Gordon set off to the airport to find Bomber Joe's Book Store.  I thought they were go to see a bomber.  Like many things we remember from our past when we go back we find that they have changed or disappeared.  They had lunch at the place that was still there where dad would go occasionally when he was working.  The Flying Eagle?  Something like that.

It was too cold to do any work in the garden, the cold that seeps into your bones and makes you feel miserable.  I am cheered up as I see the flowers growing and decide to go for the second walk of the day.  I started out with a happy heart on a mission to pick things up at the dollar store.  I was annoyed at myself when I started to peter out; but at least I did get what I set out for.

Nice to be home and settle with a blanket and a piece of chocolate cake to read a book.  Only to keep falling asleep.  I have a chapter to read for our book discussion club on Sat. Night on faith and science.  It is not wildly exciting in any fashion.  Still I look forward to the discussion that it will provoke.

We both came alive after our naps, dad had one too, to watch the Montreal game.  Too bad Montreal lost but they had played a good game.

Dad is driving our friend to get meds. this morning.  They get along well and she wants to meet me so they may come back here after.  Looks like another cold gray day when you wish you where someplace else.

Dante expresses the opinion "In His Will is our peace."

I am not living a destiny imposed upon me but each day a day I have the freedom to make both wise and dumb choices; and still feel that I am supported by a loving reality.  I want to walk down to see the ducks so I do hope it stops raining.

No comments: