Thursday, April 7, 2011

SPRING

It is always exciting to see the little buds coming out.  The grass certainly is growing and will need to be cut today.  Dad wants to do some painting but it is still pretty cold out.  There is some in the house where it can use touching up.

After a visit with Jane who is recovering from knee surgery dad and I drove out to Fort Langley to enjoy a picnic and games with the great grandchildren while Theresa did a very special photo shoot.  Afterwards we had ice cream at a 60's cafe.  Very enjoyable.

I had a wonderful thoroughly enjoyable day  and feel blessed beyond words.  The sun was warm, the park had everything for the children to place upon along with lots of green grass to kick a soccer ball.  The warm sun had us taking off our coats at first until a cool wind found us.

Dad had a swing on the swings and I learned the frog dance with Morgan.  So one is never to old to learn a new dance step and just have plain fun.  It is one of those days you can say "lucky me".

Today may not be as full of freedom and fun and as I walk I share some of my new friends sadness; but she has an inner strength that I admire and I can learn a deeper appreciation of my life by listening to her troubles.  I like to think that Jesus walks with us and is listening too!

To be able to experience joy, to help someone who is suffering or creating beauty in the garden or with a simple meal are all the things that are worthwhile.  There is a missing of being able to do what I use to be able to do but I find I am not really missing it.  My life is too full.

2 comments:

nancy-Lou said...

Wonderful to read about the time you spent with the children....I am sure Jesus was there sharing in your fun too. I have been teaching music to children for 50 years and feel so blessed to still be able to do it. They bring me much joy. Glad to hear the rain has finally stopped there...we were pretty fed up with the rain and cold when we were at Qualicum Beach for 5 weeks. Glad to get home again.

beth bennett said...

Thank you Nancy-Lou for your comments.

I was stiff and tired the next day but it was a happy tired.

Today looks like it will be sunny so that is a blessing.
Beth