Wednesday, April 13, 2011

COMPLAINTS

As I got up from sitting at the computer I felt my body complaining., a sore back, a sore knee my rewards from working so hard the day before.  Thankfully it wore off during the day with a little help from Avil.

Dad's Coho Reader was refusing to work so he took it back to Chapters.  They were very good listening to his complaints and gave him a new one.  Brought it home and it did not work.  Took it back and got another one.  He also ordered a new book reader on line that does wonderful things but he cannot get it to accept his code number. 

My computer has just gone dead on me again.    But for some reason everything did not disappear.  I am thinking it needs a check up.

Yesterday I drove to Langley to visit my friend Carolyn and we had a lot of catching up to do as we had not had a visit for a long time.  She has always encouraged me to write and was amazed at my journal book that I had printed.  I left it for her to read.  I know that I have made mistakes and I feel a little unsure about my imperfect ranblings.  I understand now why people need editors to check over their writing.  I do not like to reread anything I have writen; if I did I would just start all over again.

I got down my memory boxes stored in the cupboard because I want to get ride of my old journal books.  I also look through a box of cards again and will probably keep them.  The journals I wrote in the books Rick gave me I will keep for now.  The old has to go and the new take it place.  It is painful because the story of my life and my thoughts and my prayers have all been recorded but there are just too many.

I have continued this daily practice without the prayers on this computer.  My day has a rythem to it which includes this morning rambling, my prayers for others, and my walk. 

Easter is a time of death and rebirth for the individual soul but also for all of creation.  I look at the new blossoms the trees are wearing and I enjoy walking among the beautiful signs of apring.  Even though it is still a bit cool colors are returning and it is wonderful.

Easter is a time when imagination and memory flow together and an old story from history becomes new in my life again.  Death and rebirth is all around us.

Dad is reading a story that is a true story about a pilot shot down in the Second World War and the awful experiences he had in a Japanese concentration camp.  He survived the brutal treatment but the nightmares haunted his life even though he was now free.  He married and felt so much pain from the past he started drinking and his life hit bottom.  It was only when he really heard the message of death and rebirth and he became a Christian that he was able to forgive and find some inner peace. 

We can hear something many times over and not really hear it.  There is a part of us that likes to complain and it is so easy to get stuck in a rut.  I have read many countless stories of lives transformed and it still amazes me.  Bizarre, strange, weird, unexplainable yet the truth is revealed in their changed lives.

Is there a force or an energy blowing upon our lives that calls to us to remind us we are not alone and that somehow all will be well.  Plans may change but love never lets go.

Today I am off to Jetlag Bible Study.  We will miss Louise who is in hospital with a broken hip and a chest infection.  The story of her life is one of courage and faith and she is an inspiration to us all. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And yet you are still able to get your blog posted even with your brokend down computer. Sounds like you guys are as busy as ever.
Sandra