Friday, April 22, 2011

SPRINGTIME

It still feels cold especially in the morning and the sun is a welcome warmth that is bring new life into my garden.  The earth was looking so hard and barren but every day I notice new little flowers bursting forth.
Springtime and Easter are for us here a time of new life and rebirth.  The warmth of the sun and the falling rain brings the earth to life, just as the wind of the spirit awakens the soul within us all.

I am staying home from the services except for Easter morning, and just reading the scripture instead.  Whatever caused the painful bloating has left me tired and nauseated again.  I am being so careful making sure there is no wheat in anything.  I need to be like Sherlock Homes and use a spy glass to check all the ingredients listed
.

Today Ava is coming over with her little one year old so I had better move a few things out of reach.  Theresa is also dropping by to pick up the keys of her mom's place so she can get the big dining room table.
Rick is arriving sometime but at this point I do not know exactly when.  Then there is a little shopping that should be done.  It is amazing how the days seem to pass so quickly.

Good Friday reminds us that we live in a world where there will be suffering and that we are to share our suffering as we walk with one another.

Easter is all about a faith that redeems and the beauty of hope and the joy of celebration!

Peace be with you.     Happy Easter!

2 comments:

nancy-Lou said...

Hope you are feeling better today Beth. Did you know there was gluten in oxo beef boullion and soya sauce? It is hidden in so many products...even cheerios oat cereal, that I thought was gluten free and my dietician alerted me to the fact that it does have wheat listed as one of the ingredients. Happy Easter to all the Bennett family. Are you having a family gathering? We are expecting our usual of 6 family members and our two close friends Bob and Gina and I invited two seniors who are friends and were not going anywhere. The husband is just out of the hospital and quite frail, but he was so excited to come. Makes me feel good too! Easter blessing to all and may they last throughout the coming year.

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter Mum
Ken and family