Friday, July 8, 2011

BIRTHDAYS

Happy Birthday to Morgan and Rick.  Dad and I will be celebrating with Morgan and family in Chilliwack at the park today.   Our first child was a very happy and exciting time.  A birth of a child is amazing!

This is Carol and Theresa setting out the food for the children.  A wonderful party! ! !
I was more surprised than the two ladies that I took flowers to yesterday.  It was Agnes's birthday and Freda birthday was in three days, so they where both thrilled.  I was so happy I had made the effort to go and had taken the plants.

Dad felt it late to go for a bike ride and came home very wet when he got caught in a rain shower.  Nothing like a good hot bath to warm you up.  The day before we had the patio doors open and I was listening to the birds and our little water-fall.  This will be a very exciting day for Morgan but one of mixed feelings for us as Carol and Panteli fly back to the Grand Cayman.  Great fun having them here for awhile.

"Never doubt that a thoughtful, committed individual can change the world; indeed it is the only thing that that ever has."   Margaret Mead.

There are so many, many of these people in my world that I feel really blessed.  I hope that I can remember that every day is a gift, a gift of God's grace, expressed in the wonder of all of life!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope Carol and Panteli got everything figured out? I am sure it was be a busy day that will fly by, wish I could be there. Sandra

Shandel said...

i love that quote Beth i will be sure to remember it so i can post it some day!
Safe travels Carol and Panteli

Theresa Rose said...

I really like that picture. very cute. a nice moment to capture.