Wednesday, July 6, 2011

HEART STOPPING

An ordinary morning warm and sunny. I had had my walk and dad decided to go for a bike ride.  I got busy cleaning up some dead plants and unwanted weeds growing very tall in my garden.  I was startled to hear the fire engine and ambulances at the far end of our street where my friend Cindy lives.

Right away I thought it was dad hit by a car as I ran frightened to see what had happened.  First I saw them loading some one on a strecher my friends car backed part way out of the drive.  Cindy lay collapse beside her car crying and shaking.  She saw me as the medics where trying to get her to sit up
She beckoned for me to come to her.  So I knelt down by her and put my arms around her.  She was so shaken up she couldn't even talk.  Also she does not speak English that well because she speaks Korean.

Just at that time dad arrives on his bike and sees me in the middle of the road and thinks it was me
Cindy had backed out and hit a lady walking by.  She was not seriously hurt but they had her in the ambulance to be checked out.  Fortunately her Korean neighbor came and helped calm her down and as I life they were going to put her in the ambulance to give her some oxygen but she could barely walk even with the two men helping her.  I felt so bad because that can happen to anyone.  I know when I am walking I do not go in front of a car or behind it unless I know the driver has seen me.

The plans for the rest of the day were carried out until Carol knocked at the door saying we were meeting Sandra in Ladner for a farewell supper.  I had the day mixed up.  One thing both day and I need to do besides writing things down is make sure we hear right.  I have trouble hearing on the phone.

We enjoyed our supper together sitting out on the patio at Sharkie's.

It wasn't till the end of the day and I looked back on my day shopping, going to the dentist, the accident and the beautiful time with our two daughters I felt the emotions hitting me.  So thankful, so thankful.

I read a few words that really touch me
"A contemplative often senses an invitation to pray with God, to share God's joy and sorrow"
from the Dark Night of the Soul by Gerald G. May,  M.D.

Holding Cindy all I could do was pray and try to comfort her.  I will drop in this morning after my walk.


Enjoying the view and sharing the love!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a busy day! And you forgot to mention what you have decided to do for your teeth?
Sandra

Anonymous said...

Glad the weather has finally warmed up for you.
Ken

Anonymous said...

Nice photo of the three of you, and I'm not saying that just cuz I took it!! (Or did Grandpa take that one?)