Thursday, July 14, 2011

WHAT NEXT

Another gray and damp morning that leaves me feeling down.

I wish I could feel the urge to start some project like dad with fixing the front porch.  Taking the old computer out and redesigning this room would be a good idea if I can get up the enthusiasm and energy to do it.  Things always seem to need to be sorted through and either given away or discarded.  I keep thinking we have to much stuff.  But where to start and if I start I will be tempted to clear out just about
everything.


The other option I have for today is just taking off somewhere and forgetting about everything.  It will depend on dad to some degree.

About my birthday has an invitation gone out or do you want me to post a blurb on face book?

Who is all coming from Edmonton?  They should liven us up.  eh!

Life seems to be full of questions and so many opinions about everything under the sun that I do start to wonder what next.  This is a question that is facing the church.  What will happen when the older ones that have dedicated their lives to being actively involved can no longer do so?  So much of my life has revolved around the church and the friendships I have made and the groups I belonged to.  I wrote this morning
Questions that seem to muddy the waters of belief
can be gifts of grace when the mud settles and we can see more clearly.

I am hopeful.  Knowing the right questions may help.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice photo of you and Leah, and of the rainbow too! Does that mean you fixed your viewfinder, or did Larry find a bargain on a new camera? Things are going well here

Panteli

Anonymous said...

Yes, I put something on Facebook last night to invite people. What will happen to the church after your generation is gone? I am thinking it will certainly decline, and die in many places. Grey but at least it is raining, did you water at all yet? With digging my new garden I was suprised at just how bone dry the ground was.Oh, and it is just Stephen and Shawna that are coming down.
Sandra