Sunday, July 31, 2011

Library

On the way to the library on a sunny day, I came home with a bunch of "spiritual books" as well as several mysteries.  On Sunday I had hoped to do some serious reading instead of serious weeding but Cathy dropped by and we had a good visit.

Before I knew it it was time to drive over to Sandra and Randy's for a barbecue.  Things had changed there as Sandra was doing the barbecue (that is another story).

Dad is doing much better and is now wearing heavy weights on his feet.  He has decided I need help weeding out all the daisies in my garden that have reseeded themselves.  He started but I told him that I would like to be the adviser on the project.

Today we will be driving down to Stanley Park to watch Theresa play cricket.

Faith and belief are not the same.  Belief is something that we think to be true
while faith is putting our trust in what we believe and allowing it to change us.

3 comments:

larry bennett said...

Yes you are so correct - faith and belief are not the same - the best explanation I have ever seen!

So glad I married such an intelligent and faith fulled woman!
Faithfully yours. larry

Anonymous said...

Good one Mom. Stanley park should be lovely today .
Ken

nancy-Lou said...

Great comment regarding faith.....another good one is

I believe to understand NOT

I understand to believe.