Tuesday, July 5, 2011

LOST

My new healthy diet does not seem to be helping my brain one little bit. 

I got my book I was reading and my favorite glasses in my hands ready to take up stairs to read in bed.

Checked that the car was locked and the door and turned off my computer and lost both my book and my glasses.  Spent 30 minutes looking, even looked in the frig. and in the cupboard, out in the car, in the laundry and every single room and strange place I could think of.  Couldn't find them.

First thing this morning I start again and finally decided to turn on the computer and my book had fallen down underneath the computer completely out of sight until I moved my chair this morning.  My glasses were not there but they will turn up.  Very unsettling these things are.

The good news is that my friend Gunty lent us some slipper cushion that vibrates and dad can feel it going up to his knees.  I am hopeful but cannot same the same for him.  He also used his vibrating hot foot bath but is feeling very discouraged with the pain in his feet.  Pain and numbness.  I do not know whether some walking is good for him or not although walking in the forest seems to be the less stressful.  There is so much to be done around here and the big job of fixing the fence has to be done this year.  It will be a joint effort with our neighbors.

I m off to the dentist and have some big decisions to make.  Whatever we decide it will cost a lot.

I have quit yoga but may start again.

For now I am going to sit quietly in my big chair, close my eyes, breath deeply to hopefully feel the inner strength of the spirit in the stillness before I pray.  Breathing in calmness and love.

It is so easy to give lip service to God's presence in our lives but so easy to lose that feeling of closeness and oneness!  I know then I am truly lost.

I should be thankful if no one reads this they may get wrong ideas!

6 comments:

Shandel said...

Beth! you are such a lovely lady! i love reading your blogs :)
I too take things with me and then leave them in places and am always racking my brain as to where i put them....it is very annoying...but we are not crazy! we are just multi taskers...

I didnt know that you had tried the yoga challenge! good for you! and do know that it is quite all right to quit! we can always start again. PLUS sitting in your big chair and taking deep breaths is a part of yoga! so there you are doing yoga with out even realizing it. One day i shall come and visit you and Sandy and we can do some yoga together! wouldnt that be lovely. specially if we could do it outside in one of your gardens...ahh i would just love that.
I hope you have a wonderful day and try not to get to discouraged with your form of practice.
Namaste <3
from one heart to another you are divine i am divine :)

Anonymous said...

I have lost my runners. Can not find them any where and Lucy never takes both shoes, so it means I took them off some where stange and have no idea where that is. Had to do the walk at work in flip flops. It is hard to know whether certain things are helping or hurting, Whether the pain is a good pain or a bad, stop dont do that pain.I think some nice new teeth just might be the thing to cheer you up. SAndra

beth bennett said...

Namaste to both of you!
love

Anonymous said...

walking will help Dad's curculation i think , so it couldnt hurt.
ken

Anonymous said...

I often go in circles, losing the things (like glasses or books) that I thought I was going to use, only to find things I wasn't looking for, then, sometimes, losing those things but finding the original things. It is a bit annoying, I agree.

Did you ever find the glasses?

Love,
Rick

Anonymous said...

Well Rick you won't (maybe you will) believe where mom found her glasses - in the garage - behind my large electric saw - in the sawdust.