Saturday, July 16, 2011

ALL WET

Went to close the window and could not believe how hard it was raining.  I decided I would not need to water today but would still go for a walk.
Yes the garden does look wet with big rain drops.


Walked to the pond at Boundary Park to see how the ducks were enjoying the day.

Yes it was still raining even harder,

I am beginning to believe that some of the things that the church teaches is all wet too.  Growing up I barely remember sermons about heaven or hell but I do remember all the stories about Jesus.  Saving souls seemed like a good thing to do if it meant living more like Jesus; but it was love not fear that should direct our way onto a healthy and gracious way of compassion.  What I do in this life is what is important.  I do happen to believe that there is life after death and have had several people who where dying see relatives dead and gone.  I have read of people seeing angels and I believe.  One day each one of us will find out the answers and which of us believers or non-believers were all wet!

My goal is to live a simple life, trying to help the lonely and sad, trying to be generous and understanding.  My desire is to find joy even on a very wet day and my goal is become even freer of material possessions.  I have been blessed to have a good home and a good husband to share it with.  We do not think alike about a lot of things and at times all I can do is roll my eyes and think to myself "boy is he all wet!".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

great goal I relate to that. Really impressed with your photography, especially the close up of the leaves. Reminds me how beautiful and thriving home is. Miss it lots and you guys of course. -kimberly

nancy-Lou said...

Interesting Beth, how you are leaning towards the new way of thinking about the teachings of the bible...I too, was for a while, when our group studied a couple of courses.....BUT I am leaning back now to my lifetime teachings of obedience and discipline. Always an Anglican, but now thinking of changing churches,( going to a more traditional Anglican church,) because our minister has changed the service dramatically....like leaving our the creeds, which reflect the foundation of my faith.. I like the idea of love and care for others...but think it is like wearing rose coloured glasses....and leaves out the things we would rather not think about. I know this will differ from where you are right now, but think you are looking for comments from both sides of the fence! At least I hope so! I believe there is a happy medium between the radical fundementalists and the teaching of people like Bishop Spong. I really enjoy your writings and they definitely have given me spiritual inspiration. You are an angel in your caring and giving ways to those in need.
Nancy