Tuesday, July 12, 2011

RAIN JUNGLE

This is my jungle which I hack away at yesterday and cut my finger and bled all over Creation.  But I think it looks a little better now or at least I feel okay with it.  My reading glasses are out there somewhere! Looks and feels like rain so I had better get out for my walk.  Yesterday Gunty and I saved a little bunny rabbit being chased by crows.  It fled under a bush but they were waiting for it to move.  We chased them away and away it ran.  Our good deed for the day/

Dad worked very hard redoing the front porch.  I helped by giving some advice which he ammended and did it his way I think.  Very hard on his feet but he was pleased to have it done and now will repaint it.

We had an estimate on our fence and it is going to be very expensive and we will talk it over with our neighbor.  This is when it is good to have a neighbor to share the cost.

That is good you got your side path done and sounds like a good day all around for you and Randy.

Good to have a photographer over in the Grand Caymans.  One who actually takes book stores!

The minister that was here on Sunday is a spiritual adviser, something ministers have now a days.  I think my books are mine.  The problem is that it can become like a jungle in my mind which I have to try to sort through. It is about reading with a questioning spirit and trying to see what affects the way I try to live.

 My belief will always play a powerful role in my life!  I hope that I have the courage to look at myself and in the process know myself a little more honestly.

7 comments:

nancy-Lou said...

Lovely garden Beth.....the daisies are such a happy flower ...I like to think they smile at me! The colours are vibrant and it looks as though there is a water feature. Very nice. My friend Merrilee has large garden with a pond and running stream that attracts animals....bears especially and they trample her flowers.

beth bennett said...

Thanks Nancy-Lou my garden is colorful but has gotten very over-grown with all the rain.

At least I will not have to water it troday as it is suppose to rain AGAIN.

Larry enlarged the water feature that was here when we moved in and it attracts children and birds.

Anonymous said...

You know, even though it has been very grey this spring it has not really been very wet. And the sprinkles today will not add up to much. Did you get the message on Facebook your birthday party is now on Saturday July 23 as Theresa's cricket match was resceduled for Sunday. You can go to your home group thing now.
Sandra

beth bennett said...

No I did not read that.

So I quess you are saying I should water.
love mom

Theresa Rose said...

your garden looks lovely grandma!

Theresa Rose said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Your garden look great mom.
ken