Saturday, July 30, 2011

HELPFUL

Back to the kitchen and to looking for recipes that are simple and do able for celiac

I have found Quinoa salad to be wonderful.

Cook the quinoa just like rice and add tomatoes, cucumbers, green onions, celery and fresh Italian parsley if you have it. juice of lemon, sprinkle on extra virgin olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.

Or 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice, sea salt, 2 gloves of garlic, virgin Olive oil, 1/4 tsp cinnamon and allspice and 1 teaspoon cumin.    Tomatoes, cucumber, pine nuts, mint leaves, mizithra cheese.  I have not tried this one.

A word of advice do not cook and go on the computer I have just burnt the Quinoa.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is quinonia? The recipe sounds good!

I often burn food too when I leave the kitch "just for a minute" to check something on the computer.

Love,

Rick

Anonymous said...

So is it you saying that it is delighfull or you just copied that along with the recipe? Back at my home work, Randy is guarding the stairs so I cant escape and go out to the garden : ( Sandra

beth bennett said...

Quinoa is a supergrain of the future very high in protein. It comes in red and white. You cook it like rice and I like it instead of lettuce for a salad.

You can buy it at Safeway or other markets.

You can make stuffed peppers etc/ lots of receipes on line.

Yes I have made the one receipe but did not have all I need for the second.

I am sick of my garden worked in it all day yesterday and it is sorta a mess.

Maybe dad and I will do something today,

love mom

Anonymous said...

I made Nachos and Melina made two types of lasagna for Matthews party.
Ken

beth bennett said...

Sounds good! love mom