Saturday, July 23, 2011

DAYLIGHT

The sun is gently shining as the new day begins.  I am looking forward to my party and seeing the family gather.  What have I learned in my many years of life.  One thing for sure is that life will continue to teach me if I am willing to learn.  I know for me it takes courage and strength and for me, and faith, to live one day at a time.

Yesterday I had our outside windows washed and today I see the dirt that is on the inside.  This for me is the purpose of religion, or spirituality, or yoga etc. is to help me see the darkness that is within me and all light to sine in.

It is good to be able to see clearly and yet it cannot be done without some work and effort on my part.
My long fast walk has now turned into what use to be a mini walk and it is much slower.  Yes, I would like to grow older gracefully but. . . . .

Tiredness makes me cranky.
For me it is helpful to begin the day prayerfully, to be open to the spirit of God, which cannot be captured by reason alone.  There are many who see no need of a faith in their lives and appear to be happy and healthy.  I take time to pray to be aware of the needs of others and to be open to what will happen this day.

Heaven or Hell do not exist according to John Lennon but I am sure that both exist in this life on earth.  I look at the desperate situation of many people on this planet and I wonder why I have been so blessed to live in a country where there is freedom and food and water and education.

I am reading about a little Jewish boy whose mother and dad have to abandon him during the time in Hungarian when the Jews were hunted and persecuted.  He has to learn a new name and a new religion to protect himself and the kind Christian singer who has taken him into her home and her heart.

His dad reminds him to never forget he is a Jew with a Jewish name of his ancestors.  Every morning he first says his Jewish prayer and reminds himself of his real name and who he really is.  He lives in fear not understanding what is happening and why it is bad to be Jewish.

The lady tells him to pretend and make believe every day is Purim, a sacred Jewish day where everyone pretends to wear a mask.  In his heart he knows who he is and what he believes.

I am thankful that in my heart I have felt loved by a divine and unexplainable presence!

A  pedrfect day to celebrate with loved ones

No comments: