Monday, July 25, 2011

BIRTHDAYS


How old would you want to be if you could choose your age?

  Looking back over my life I can remember many good times but I do not really want to relive any of it.  I guess that means I am happy to be the age I am right now.  Every age has it's advantages and it's challenges,

I know that seeing your parents get older is not easy.  I can remember going through it with my parents.
It is hard getting weaker and old injuries and poor health in our past has an influence on our health now.  This is part of life and we slowly are adjusting to it.  The things is that you can feel tired and old at any age and also you can feel the joy of being young at heart at any age.

I have done a lot of praying in my life but all I can do is put those I love in the hands of the One who is Love.  It reminds me of others who are having difficult times and I feel in my heart a compassion for them that I know this compassion is shared by others and also by the powerful presence of goodness.

I am thankful for all the years that I have lived and I hope that I will continue to say yes to life even when it hurts.

The sun is shining which in my memory my birthday day is usually sunny.  I had more candles and birthday cheesecake at our book meeting last night.  Today will be a quiet day.  I am anxious for the mail to come as there is a presnt for me.  How exciting.  I will read my cards over and be thankful.

Prayers for my family

May you feel loved even when you feel unlovable
May you treat others with kindness and respect
May you know the joy of thankfulness and express it often
May you remember to say your sorry and mean it
May your lives be a life of courage, kindness and faithfulness.
May it be a life of Joy! ! !

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much mom. And I am glad you have something to look forward to that keeps you wanting to be alive. We plan on going into Vancouver today, maybe stop by later. Sandra

nancy-Lou said...

Belated Happy Birthday Beth. It looks as though your day was filled with love and happiness. Family parties are the best aren't they?
I wish you good health and happiness in the coming years. Nancy

larry bennett said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR WIFE -
YES WATCHING PARENTS BEGIN TO LOOK OLDER AND SLOWING DOWN IS A BIT OF A SHOCK. SORT OF LIKE WHEN ONE DAY YOU LOOK IN A STORE WINDOW AND REALIZE THAT OLD MAN LOOKING BACK IS YOU!!
GROWING OLDER TOGETHER WITH HUMOUR AND LOVE IS ABOUT ALL WE CAN DO - WE WILL DO IT TOGETHER WITH ALL OUR CHILDREN AND GRANDCHILDREN - AND GREAT GRANDCHILDREN - THAY ARE ALL AN IMPORTANT PART OF OUR GREAT ADVENTURE TOGETHER.