Saturday, July 2, 2011

GOD

Yes I have a feeling that God is just go to sneak in here anyway.

A very cool day turned out warm as we spent time with friends and family.  I like to keep in touch if possible but everyone is so busy with their own lives.  We were so pleased to see Leah and Craig yesterday.  They took the time to come visiting even though it was a long drive and they had to get back to see Craig's brother and his wife who are visiting.

I enjoyed the walk to the book store; although I got a ride there part way to catch up with the rest; but  did walk back.  Only to find dad had gone out supposedly to look for me.  Thank goodness he has a cell phone.

Not surprised to get there in time to see Rick buying three books.  Too bad the book cases couldn't go home with him to Chase.  Ben and Morgan also like books and the new candy store next store is a great attraction.  Actually there are several stores along the main street that are really delightful.

Dad and I did not go to Harrison for the parade and picnic and fire works but I believe a lot of people where there.  I know I was tired out when we got home but it was a good tiredness,

Our children are all so different and yet in some ways very similar.  They have travelled to places where I have not been.  And I wonder just where anyone of them will settle down.  Time will tell.
I am hoping Rick will not be a Hemmingway!
I think that in our journey through life that there is a time when we see a light and there is a time I feel more like our world is in darkness.  This includes my spiritual life as well.

Our possessions can be burdens that we need to hold lightly.  Love too.

Moving from certainty to uncertainty knowing that God is leading me leads into a deeper place of grace.

The knowledge that the light is always there for me to find is a comfort that is not restricting and demanding but true freedom.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, computer now set up and stuff more or less organized at Theresa's, so back to reading your blog! The entire last week has been completely consumed by moving, so I've been missing out on Beth's blog, and bike-riding, not to mention dinner at sandra and Randy's!

Anonymous said...

tour started this morning...ken