Saturday, February 16, 2013

CONTEMPLATION

                                           Happy Holidays Ken and Melina and family!   

                                  It would appear that the chosen few had a lot to learn!

Thinking about how our world has changed over the centuries yet also how much the same it is.  Thinking how hard it is to understand the life of ancient people and harder to understand the differences in translation.  They all contain tragedies and failures and difficulties.  It is important not to judge any religion or even a philosophy by it's abuse.
 
Often in our busy lives (I do not do much but time sure goes by fast) it is actually hard to take time to contemplate and listen to our hearts instead of just the mind.  I will always try to keep learning and investigating religious truths or misconceptions.
 
Dad and I were watching an add on T.V. about some new wonder drug which was fantastic until they started listing off all the side affects.  So our eyes see pictures of healthy families and babbling brooks and a beautiful life if we listen we hear about, disorientation, rashes, uncontrollable bleeding, loss of muscle control etc.  Will this wonder drug cure you or kill you?
 
Dad and I love to eat out,  The less I cook the less I remember how to do it and it is so messy and leaves so many dishes.  I eat one thing and dad may eat another.  Sometimes you hear of bad re-actions of people eating out and that makes me stop and wonder. 
 
Have I just become too lazy?  Just trying to think of what to make tires me out and dad is not much help in making decisions about what he would like.
 
I would love to have a mind that when I wake up it just rolls over and hits the snooze button if one had one.
 
I am more than ever thankful that we do not follow that ancient story in the Bible but can move into a new world of light and love that Jesus brings that is good news.

Where is the snooze button for my brain?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, it use to be that a snooze button was good to let me sleep more when it seemed the alarm went off too soon -- now it would be good to let me go back to sleep when my mind wakes me up too soon!

Cooking is a messy business best left to the young, so outing eat is a good idea.

Love,

Rick

Anonymous said...

Some people really love to cook but l am not one of them.
What a good idea leaving it to the young .
l find M and M's very helpful in putting food on our table l understand that they either have or will soon have gluten free items However l don't read the lists of ingredients as that might ruin my enjoyment. Love Jane.

Anonymous said...

Here we sit on our balcony looking at the rain ! The flight up was good ,Matthew and I sat in row 14 and Melina , Jesse and jasmine sat in row 37 (last row) ...Just what we got on standby. We went swimming in the lagoon pool before the torrential rain started . Had a terrible dinner came home and watched a boring movie( dark shadow's). Hope today is better, not starting too good rain showers in area .
Ken