Sunday, February 3, 2013

POSTPONED

Saturday morning had my early morning prayer walk.

Yes dad and I are out and about feeling so much better.  Too bad Melina came home feeling so miserable I know how miserable dizziness and nausea can be.  Hope she is better soon.

Our Saturday evening book study group had to be cancelled again. Some where going to hear a quest speaker,  Robert Fifk,   and others had other commitments  .Dad and I were undecided as I we still feel a little sluggish.  We are a fun group with lots of different opinions, well if dad and I are there it is for sure, and we have been together for many years and been through lots of things like marriages of children, our grandchildren, and a remarriage of one of our group.  We have also been through times of our children going through divorce, the pain of cancer, the joy of the arrival of new grandchildren. etc.  We have been good friends for many years.  Doug the retired minister married our granddaughter Mary to Michael John.
 
We are discussing a book by Henri Nouvwen, a Catholic priest, who taught at university but left to share his life with a community of people with disabilities.  The book is called :Reaching Out" and he presents three movements of the spiritual life.
 
Beginning with our own awareness of inner poverty, then moving to seeing the needs of ours and to be in community, and last movement from illusion to prayer and this most intimate relationship and the center of our connection to the Holy One.
 
The point being that all of us internalize our feelings and how a harsh word can makes us feel sad and misunderstood.  We all make mistakes with our careless remarks and we all know what we should have or could have done better.  I think that I am not alone in having a heavy heart at times and the darkness in the morning can be the darkness in my soul.
 
 
He takes us on a journey from frustration and fear and envy into a place of humility and grace where we are reaching out for the unknown God. I like what he says about moving from our human shelter to the house of God where if we believe the words of Jesus a place is prepared for us. Prayer is a gift that can be a struggle until I realize that first I listen then I allow the spirit to prompt my thoughts and put them into words. The scripture speaks of the breath of God that can breath within us and free us from anxiety and restore peace to our souls.

We did get a present for the baby shower which we will deliver today but I will not attend.

Dad and I came home and I had a nap and he went on the computer and then we went to bed early so thankful the meeting was cancelled.  The plan is to go to church today but the morning is young and we are not!  Dad had a sick stomach during the night.  Unusual for him that's usually my thing!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good day to stay inside and watch football. Melina still not well. Matthew has his first long day at kindy today.12pm until 4:30.
ken

beth bennett said...

Tell Melina we are sorry she is not well.

Hope she recovers soon.
love mom