Saturday, February 2, 2013

UMBRELLA

Faith is like an umbrella of hope.
Yesterday was gloomy and rainy and umbrella's pop up everywhere.

Dad drives me over to the Senor's Home. It almost seems strange to be out in the car.  Our first trip had been over to Sandra's to deliver dogie medicine.

On my walk with Gunty we meet the children going to school and there is a mass of umbrellas.  Little ones following in a line behind mom.  All seem happy and excited. Wished I had a camera!  Another think to note about umbrellas mine seem to be always getting lost.

Very touching scene at the Dairy Queen as an very elderly couple sit at the small table with a small bag of ships and one ice cream sundae.  They hold hands and he says a little prayer.  A moment of thankfulness  to remind us all to be grateful.  Dad always said grace before meals but I will not say grace at family meals unless asked, although a moment just to be thankful for our food and for each other is important.

For me the western mind has trouble understanding Eastern Religion.  These are thoughts from "God" by Choopra, but some thoughts fit into what I believe like this one.

  "But if God is pure potential things change radically.  Potential is infinitely flexible.  A god of potentiality doesn't need to be obeyed, fear or placated.  He exists to unfold anything and everything.

If I can see my potential then I can see the light.  I do not quite understand expanding consciousness.
..dissolving false boundaries.  We bring energy and light with us even when we are somewhere we do not really like being.

Jesus calls this being in the world but not of it.  It is a creative state not passive.  I am the author of my own life and have the ability to grow through suffering and develop compassion.  My story is the way I see things all around me.

Enjoyed a visit from Sandra, who braved our germie home, and then since the cupboard was bare we went out for pizza.  We are looking forward to visiting Mandy and James on Sunday and their cute little dogs.

7 comments:

Sandra said...

I think Shawna is due end of September? It is funny how rules can spoil life, though I supose they must have been created for a good reason once upon a time. It is like at my work, I do the job of an accountant but I have no degree. I would not get hired for the same job again probable because of it. Sandra

Anonymous said...

Pizza? How gluten free is pizza?

You should have taken a picture of the children with the umbrellas and mothers in tow.

Rules are meant, by and large, to serve the rulemakers.

Love,

Rick

Anonymous said...

Rick you are behind the times they have gluten free pizza now which is very good. You gluten people better watch out because gluten-free is taking over. Ha ha
love mom

Anonymous said...

Rick you are behind the times they have gluten free pizza now which is very good. You gluten people better watch out because gluten-free is taking over. Ha ha
love mom

Anonymous said...

well if your out and about then you must be feeling better.Melina came home from work at 3pm and went straight to bed with felling of nausa and dissiness.She is still not better today .
ken

Sandra said...

Melina better get over her nausea and dizzyness before you go climbing bridges

Anonymous said...

Gluten-free pizza? Well, I am behind the times. It had to happen some time!

Love,

Rick