Thursday, February 21, 2013

UP AND DOWN

I should have phoned to check about the meeting because I thought it had been cancelled. I seem to be up one day and down the next but a good dose of spring weather should help. I know that we all need affirmation in our lives and often that begins with what I tell myself.  If the computer does not work I feel it must be because I am stupid.  I know that even university students can get very down on themselves.

I think also that as Christians we can get confused as there are many ways to believe and to act on our beliefs.  Once your life has been touched by the message that Jesus brought to us that addresses the humanness of our humanity.  Many find religious education boring and superfluous and definitely  unnecessary.

I just know that I have experienced affirmation and uplifting from having a faith.  Also having some one help you up when you are down also helps.

It has been said that Oprah Winfrey has used her own wounds and hurts to help others face their own pain.  She reveals emotional scars that other can relate to.  She seems to be compassionate and understanding.  She credits her father's love of learning and reading helped her regain hope and find success.  She is very human, familiar with suffering, a firm believer in gratitude, a good listener, and forgiveness has been a key in her own life.  She promotes generosity, goodness and honest living.

People are looking for some one like her, even though like all of us she has contradictions in her life story.  I believe that there was someone in her own life that prayed for her.  I believe that she has too great an impact on too many people.  I think that only God knows our hearts and within her is a childlike faith that draws upon the spirituality of many to create her own spirituality.  One can look deeply into her life and see that she is human just like the rest of us.  Not everyone believes her story or believes in her but she has nevertheless changed many lives.

A short walk with the wind blowing empty garbage cans on my path.

A short visit to the seniors home is my plan for today.

3 comments:

Sandra said...

How come you are mentioning Oprah? I am glad that I have so many reminders at work and on my phone. There are such a lot of things to remember. I booked Mary's flight last night, so you can put that on your calendar. She arrives Wednesday March 13 at 8:30 pm and leaves Monday March 18 at 1:00 pm. She may need a drive to the airport on Monday.

Anonymous said...

I am mentioning her because she has become like a god to many people.
Good news about Mary.
love mom

Anonymous said...

good to hear Mary feeling better.
ken