Wednesday, February 27, 2013

ROUGH SAILING

                                           Jesus promises to give us his peace.

It would be nice if life where a little more smooth sailing instead of what  seems like some rough times ahead for everyone in some way or another.  Kenny going to have to have that miserable eye operation is upsetting news.  We all have some health problems and also concerns for others; like Randy with his mom. 

Big waves make difficult sailing and believing.

The day was all planned to go to the movie in White Rock at 2 o'clock and out to supper at Milestones.  A cold rainy afternoon so a perfect thing to do.  Nothing went right from the start of leaving home and again leaving the garage door open, taking the wrong road and going to the wrong theatre.  Finally we got a parking spot and rushed in to find out it did not play on week days at 2.  It came on at 7.  Poor sailing all along but maybe just as well we came home, stopping at Choices to buy me some bread and goodies.  Not a completely wasted day after all.

 I am thinking maybe I should be an event planner!!!

 Dad went for a short walk after we got back.  I was glad Gundy and I had gone early in the morning when is was not raining.

I get into troubled waters if I try to take the scriptures too literally, or so I am coming to understand.  Boats and water are an important part of the stories of Jesus.  One of the best known ones is the disciples rowing in the darkness of a stormy night and they see Jesus walking towards them on the water.  Don't be afraid he tells them and he still speaks that message powerfully to each one of us today. 

Even if it is pure myth it has spiritual meaning.

"The sea, with its vast, unruly powers, strange creatures and hidden depths, often in the Bible metaphorically signifies the deep, roiling passions of the unconscious within us, or the savage powers of various antagonistic forces without.  Peter gets out of the boat to walk to Jesus and begins to sink.  The message is clear "to walk over the waters of life" one must learn to keep one's inner eye upon the divine within and without.  -Tom Harper. 

Life can be rough sailing but if we can discover the power of the soul and the gift of hearing the voice within this will provides a safe boat over troubled waters. 

My prayer is thank you, thank you, thank you!




4 comments:

Sandra said...

Sounds like a lot of misshaps for one outing. Pouring rain when I was driving home yesterday, good thing I had my walk earlier too. Bonus of Randy having a dr apt is I get supper waiting for me, then right up stairs to do me taxes. sandra

Anonymous said...

Try again to go to the movie today, but maybe double-check first that you have the right theatre, time, and so on?

Love,

Rick

Anonymous said...

So sorry your trip to White rock didn't work out - do try again as l am sure you will enjoy the movie. lt looks like there is a bit if rough water ahead for me as the operation on my knee has been scheduled for March 25th, However l will be pleased to have it done. love, Jane

larry bennett said...

I think it is important to mention - we spent a lot of time laughing at all our little missadventures!