Saturday, February 23, 2013

FAVORITE THINGS

           If confusion is the first step to knowledge, I must be a genius.  -  Larry Leissner
My early morning walk.
Keeping in touch with family and friends
Watching an English D.V.D. with snuggled up with dad
The smell of spring and seeing new life in my garden
Knowing the bed will be made every morning and the kitchen clean and spotless every evening.
Writing my blog and reading the comments
Smiles that light up my grand children's faces and the great grand children too
Looking at photo's and reading old cards and letters
Warm feet and a warm bath
Reading quotes, reading books,  feeling peaceful
Going to the library and listening to music
Spell checkers
Searching scripture
Finding new depth in my relationship to Jesus
Knowing that the will of God for me is not perfection but the will to keep trying and praying.
I could not have got this far in life without help from my family and from my God!

My  furnace that  comes on especially in the morning.  One of our greatest joys in moving into our first home was the furnace that we did not have to light to make it turn on.  Lighting our oil furnace in our other place was scary especially if you allowed too much oil to start with and then afraid of an explosion you would rush outside.

One of my early fears in life was fire.

The first commandment can be read as the Holy One saying: "I've cared about you and come through for you, but now your commitment to our relationship is needed."
 I am yours says the Lord God of all humanity and you are mine.  Together we make a good team.

The birth of a child is a miracle and so is the birth of faith.  A heartbeat is pure joy!

Off to Ben's last soccer tournament in Richmond. with Dad.  Feel bad about missing church but I feel a little grama love is important right now.  Also a baby shower in the afternoon but do not think I will make that.  Cool and rainy.

4 comments:

Sandra said...

I thought soccer was today? Oh well, my weekends go by so fast now that I have to spend 2 days of it doing school work. Off to Sukhi's today to do some baby shower planning. Got to spend a little bit of time in the garden yesterday. Oh, and Spooky decided she had had enough of the little dogs and ran away from home. Finally got her out from under the neighbors shed around 8. Sandra

larry bennett said...

How did you find a black cat in the dark?

beth bennett said...

It was today, Sunday and we missed church. Freezing cold but good to watch Ben play and have a visit with Morgan. Chuck also came.

I guess he is feeling confused too.

Poor Spooky. love mom

Anonymous said...

Melina is still looking at a house to buy in Tullamarine , close the school she wants to send Matthew and Jasmine .
Ken