Wednesday, February 13, 2013

WHAT IF?

What if I cannot think of anything to write about?
What if there are no comments, when the comments are the best part.
What if it is too long and it can be.
What if it is just stupid.
 
The problem with words spoken and written it is hard to take them back.
 
Wed. I usually go to my Jet Lag Bible study but dad and I have an opportunity to visit with Shandel and Cameron at the airport between flights.  I am excited to see them, but sorry to miss my meeting.  I am not a very good member right now as we have been away a lot with sickness.  Well I have since found out that Cameron told Sandra the wrong time and they will be arriving here much later; so I will be going to my meeting.
 
Lent begins today with a pancake supper and a short service.  There is also an evening study which I would like to attend.  I believe it is a video by Marcus Borg bringing new understandings and new questions about Jesus. 
 
My plans for each day do not always work out ( we were expecting a visit from Ava and her new husband but they cancelled in the morning) but I try to do the best I can and whatever way we express our spirituality it is a part of who we are.  So I will not worry about the "what ifs". 
 
Any idot can face a crisis-it's this day to dayliving that wears you out.--Anton Chekhov
 
Dad went for a longer walk, maybe a bit too long, and was greet with a big dog, so big it jumped up on to lick him and nearly knocked him over.
 
Abraham becomes a very important symbolic figure for the development of Islam.  The stories told about him enable the Islamic tradition to trace its spiritual language to a figure who unites the stories told in both the Torah and the Gospels with ancient Arabic legends about the founder of the Kaaba.

 Within us there can be a battle that denies the spiritual which often means "the part within us that suffers the most can be the joyful, childlike and playful part of us". 

"A human being is capable of holding vastly different and paradoxical points of view at the same time."--a journalist.

A good hockey game!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jet-lag bible study? Where did you get that name from? Sounds good to me.

By the way, Family Day is a different day in BC than in other provinces. BC just had to be different.

Love,

Rick

Sandra said...

Did you get a hold of Cameron or Shandel? I think the answer to a lot of your what ifs is that nothing really will happen. The world will keep spinning. Heck, there are a lot of stupid words spoken and written every day and we all seem to get over it some how. Sandra

Shawna said...

Hey Grandma, I love reading your blog everyday! It starts my mornings off right. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Really appreciate the final comment and also that you do write every day .l feel better for starting the day by reading your blog and the comments Love Jane

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentines Day. Second day of swimming lessons today. Then e off to Jasmines Dancing lesson( Jaz and tap dancing)
Ken