Saturday, February 23, 2013

DECISIONS

Coming to the heart of the matter that calls me to be faithful.

I know that I am old fashioned in my speech, my thoughts and my choices but I am trying to adapt and see what is really the most important in life. 

The trouble is that some days I wake up and I need to remind myself "that if you can't say something nice don't say anything at all."  I allow myself to get into a critical attitude which is unhealthy.

I felt better when we had a visit from Sandra and Randy bring us some supper, really great stew.  They were kind enough to listen to my complaining and whining.  Next they were off to pick up some luggage Sandra won after buying a lottery ticket on a house.  Very nice luggage too!

I had gone our for my morning walk but got home just in time before the heavy wind and rain hit.  Not a nice day to be out in at all although it did clear up in the afternoon.  A good day to visit and get caught up on family news. 

Later Ken skyped us and we saw Jasmine and Matthew have a great time running around and bring things to show us.  It appears Ken's eyes are not getting better but he sees the doctor this coming week.

It is not easy bringing up children and knowing what is best; but then few things in life are simple.
I trust in the power of prayer that has help get me through. 

Today one has so many choices in what we do and what we believe.  Jesus; always attracted controversy in his life time and still does today.

I have my own point of view and that is to see him as the Jesus of faith that speaks truth that confronts me daily when I go to make my choices.  Reading the gospels I find they do not conform to any standard of chronology, in fact can at times be contradictory.  Each disciple and each writer and each listener hears and understands from their own decisions  what to believe.

We all experience God in different ways.

   The good news again is that we are accepted in The Beloved and this reassurance can guide us on our path seeking to make the  right decisions and doing the best we can in each of our circumstances. 

4 comments:

nancy-Lou said...

Being old fashioned is a good thing...in thought or otherwise. AND it is OK to complain sometimes too! All you need is a good listener. It helps you see the trees from the forest. So just "go with the flow".
I find children such a gift...how can one be "glum" around kids. You are truly blessed with a large wonderful family.Finding my family..that is one 1st cousin and 6 of his adult children and their families has been such a blessing for me after all these years of "just me". Only children can feel real need for family. Are you watching the Scotties tournament of Hearts? Great weekend with lots of play-off games. Have a great day, Love Nancy

Anonymous said...

We went to the Craigieburn Carnival last night .It was hot all night , great night for it. We stayed for the fireworkd display at 9:45 pm and waited for Jasmine tom have her ride ( we stood inline for an hour -then they said it was too late for the ride - after much complaining - the boss allowed Jassy and one other little girl to have a short ride ) Then we walked home , Matthew rode his scooter. Anyway got to bed at 11pm then up at 2am to go to work..ken

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good family time Ken and that would have been so disappointing for Jasmine after the long wait.

Hope you can have more sleep we need it to heal and keep healthy.

We go to Ben's soccer to-morrow and Desirae is having a baby shower but that will be too much I think for me.

Dad is going for a walk now so that is good.

love mom

Anonymous said...

Yes We have been watching the curling with some hockey mixed in.
manitoba is doing great
love beth