Monday, February 25, 2013

DISTRACTION


Among the writings of Valentinus found in the Gnostic writings found at Nag Hammadi were these words:  "What liberates us is who we were, what we became, where we were, wherein to we have been thrown, whereto we speed, where from we are redeemed, what birth is, and what rebirth."
 
Many things in life can become distractions and the voice that calls to us to be liberated from false idols, false ambitions, false emotions cannot be heard.  It seems to be important to know that you are on the right path in life.
 
It is very hard staying on the path in the very strong wind and I was very happy to be back home after fighting the wind all the way up the street.  Dad planned to go for a walk but his feet were very painful.  They had been better so that is disappointing

What a difference a day makes, calm and warmer good enough for a walk with Gundy.

Dad and I are planning to go to a movie called the Quartet which is very humorous so that will do us both good.
 
Sometimes I get annoyed at God.
 
Sometimes I am totally annoyed at myself.

Some days I am annoyed with my computer not working.
 
Sometimes I feel frustrated and useless and old and forgetful.  It is probably just the weather because I have so much to be thankful for and I am.  But getting older can be just plain annoying.
 
Dad and I need to check on things together, like if the garage door is closed, if the stove is turned off,
looking out for pedestrians while driving, or  if there are things either one of us need to do.  So far so good! We are coming to that stage in life where contentment must be in having each other and getting help when we need it.
 
Anyway no matter what the distraction every day we wake up to a new day and a fresh beginning.

"The word enthusiasm has "theos" or God as its root.  Overcomimg distractions and annoyances  and allowing the spiritual energy to flow within and around us truly helps me to regain some enthusiasm for life and glad to be alive .  So if I have moments that are brief but joyful then I am thankful.  I am thankful for a good day catching up with friends on the phone.

 
 
 

6 comments:

Sandra said...

Have not heard back from Theresa, do you know anything more? My hands are getting old. Arthritis is making them lumpy. I do not like that my grandchildren will only see me with old lumpy hands. But I am just grumpy, I think the closer a particular challenge comes to ending the more it annoys you. If only our stairs did not squeak. Sandra

larry bennett said...

I think your two future garandchildren are so very fortunate to have such a beautiful, active future grandmother - so there
!!

Shawna said...

I agree Grandpa!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I need surgery on my eye . It will be on a Wednesday and I should have two days off work. Then have a blood eye for up,to six weeks. As long as I wear sunglasses in bright sunshine they should not return. I have chosen the general anestiesia I don't think I could sit still with just a local.
Ken

Anonymous said...

I think the general one is good. Let us know when the date is set.
It is a shame that the drops did not work.
love mom

Anonymous said...

Two heads are better than one.

Love,

Rick