Sunday, February 17, 2013

VISITERS

Many years ago I took on a commitment of helping Cathy a single mom with five children. The youngest was a new born Gracelyn, and the oldest Jasmine was about 9. In between were Desirae, Ava and Tavia. They have been very good at keeping in touch with us now they are all grown and have moved out of home. Jasmine, Desirae and Ava are are all married.

Ava and Jeff came for a visit on Tues.  They are a happy young couple with lots of plans, maybe to buy a farm.  Right now Ava is going to University and looking after Uri with help from Jeff and his biological father.

The Bible was written by human beings with failings.  They wanted to express what they had experienced and what they believed.  We, or at least I do, have questions about life, about pain and suffering.  I think it is important to make a choice about what you want to believe.
 
Mistrust in religion has brought this generation to a place where it is not important to them.  I realize that people have been hurt by words spoken with cruelty and judgement.  Lives become busy and it is easy to deny any feelings of spiritual hunger.  I think that when I am honest I realize I need something to breath new life into me.
 
Sometimes faith is not expressed but lies deep and hidden within us.  For me there is a reality that is just as real as my daily life and that is the reality of Jesus.  The Jesus of Nazareth shows us the face of God, the tenderness and compassion with which He sees us all. 

I have a need to see Jesus as one who became one of us to bring us the gift of new life and new vision to become children of God.  I can express my gratefulness to him and ask questions and wait for answers and receive comfort in times of illness and sorrow.  He listens.

We have the potential to become all we were meant to be so that gives me hope!

Both dad and I were very tired on Wed. not just me.

Today is Thursday so I will be the one visiting in the Seniors home.

 

No comments: