Monday, June 17, 2013

DELIGHT

P6161403

I am delighted to look at the sky with the powerful message that ended the day on Saturday.  The minister reminded us that God calls to us through scripture to listen to His offer of forgiveness, comfort and joy.  I believe he also calls to us through nature that is all around us.

His love is expressed through each one in our family as we gather to celebrate father's day and be reminded of the important role of a father.
P6161415

Sunday we decided to have the picnic lunch at Carol and Panteli’s new home.
 Lot of work getting it all set up and it is looking great.
P6161423

Ben had just finished his lacrosse game and had his best game ever, scoring 6 goals
 and no penalties.  Good work Ben
      
P6161417P6161426
Our delightful grand daughters Theresa and Kim!
P6161433
 
This is the card that Morgan created for great grandpa with the help of Pentali.
P6161428P6161432
I know I had a delightful time and was spoilt by everyone waiting and serving me,

Dad and I came home but Carol and \Kim and the dog went to the beach.  The dog would have a great run there.  Mikie and Theresa had to pick up food to take to Chuck's house to celebrate with him and his brother here for a visit.

Good we got home in time to have a chat with Melina and Ken and the children.  This has been a bad time for colds because of an extra amount of rain there.  They did enjoy the hockey game with Canada playing Russia in a full around game.

P6161439
While on a walk around our yard I am reminded that God's love is so richly displayed in these roses.
This knowing deepens within me as I contemplate the wonder of nature and how these roses have grown and unfolded over time and we too can grow and bloom right where we are planted.  Our delight is to pause and wonder and find wholeness and hope for our future.


P6161434
We take great delight in all our family and are happy Simone and Mary are doing well!  Sandra phoned dad on the way to the hospital for a visit.  We would like to know how much she weighs and more about them all! 

Rick just remembered it was father's day and called dad from work this morning.  Short but informative conversation.




6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like Moragan is a natural doodler! Nice to have everyone over yesterday. Next week we'll be setting up house at Sandra and Rany's for the week, so Carol will have a much easier drive to work!

:)

Panteli

Sandra said...

Simone weighed in at 8lbs 14 oz. I am very lucky that my children live by nice walking trails and have dogs that need to be walked. Cleaning the house and wondering what to.make for supper tonight.

nancy-Lou said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
nancy-Lou said...

I enjoyed hearing how God talks to us through many ways...scripture, family and nature..it is good to be reminded of these things Beth. Family gatherings are always such times of love and sharing and your pictures portray that so well. The card Morgan made is so creative, good job Morgan! We had our two sons for a BBQ...we missed our dear daughter in law very much. She never missed a family party! These last few days she has been at the forefront of my mind...her birthday was Thursday and she would have been at my painting class on Saturday. Still grieving I guess. It sure takes time. The good news, summer has arrived in full glory...finally! So I plan on working in the garden. Your yellow rose is gorgeous..I do love yellow roses and have one too, a new one waiting for it to open up. Have a good day, Love Nancy

beth bennett said...

Yes Nancy Lou I too was thinking about family who would not be present at our gathering and our neighbors who also had their parent die.
Like Larry says he stills miss his dad and mom and I know I do too. I am thankful that I can remember.
love beth

Anonymous said...

It was Canada vs USA ....Ken