Thursday, June 27, 2013

FATALISM

P6261550
On top of my desk are many pictures of my life and other pictures are in other areas.
My big question this morning does fate control my life?
How can someone like dad;  who has had several near-death experiences and has his life saved by a young nurse or being freed from underwater when his lines got tangled (just to name a few) not believe that he was saved because his life had purpose but also there was a divine presence that was at work?

My fate may be written in the stars but I will always have choices
.
Free will is a puzzle.  Circumstances in my life have changed the direction of my journey and often looking back I see that my past has prepared me for my future.
It appears from my reading now that not only religion but philosophy deals with this idea of fate.  Science also deals with it as we learn more about the human body, our genes and family history.
With my pictures is one of Ben with a big happy face.  Today is Ben’s birthday.  I am so grateful for healthy grandchildren although some like Leah have had many health issues.  My grand daughter Theresa and her daughter are also celiac like me.

Dad took the car to the doctor today and then visited Eileen and then took Mark out to lunch.  I was free to spend the day at home and catch up on house-work and my messy garden.
But first I do my reading and do my blog.  This has been good for me for many reasons in that I am still looking for answers to many questions and so keep reading and searching.  It also keeps me in touch.
P6261551 P6231518
As a mother I was always busy just doing daily chores.  Now there are choices and new hobbies like my garden as well as my blog.

In the past I have been a lay chaplain but now I do most of my visiting close to home, like dropping in to see Mrs. G. or our neighbors across the street.  We have become friendly with their daughter who does most of the care-giving.
I will keep visiting at the Senior’s home when I can and as long as I can.

Raining again today, off for a walk and yes did two blogs.

No comments: