Saturday, June 8, 2013

PARABLES




P6021182

I do not know how creation began but I believe that the vibrating force was LOVE. 
There are certain rules that we are taught early in life that form our values and that are the foundations that guide us.
 
Religion is meant to be just a seed out of which can grow beauty and new life with an  inner depth and deeper awareness of who I am and where I belong; and especially the needs of others.

Why does Jesus teach in parables?   It is not easy to listen with your heart.  We hear a story and we see a picture but just like film in years past had to be processed and  developed,  the picture can change as we look and let the true message emerge.  I am amazed at how you can reread scripture and find new ideas every time.
 
 We can see things in our own lives that are parables like the  stories he tells.  He takes life that is everyday simplicity and makes us question what we are doing and who we really are and what we really believe.

Jesus spoke in parables so that we learn to question what we believe and we discover the answers are not always simple but he invites us to be intrigued by are findings..  There are times in our lives that because of inner pain we act out badly.  A spiritual transformation happens when we see ourselves in the story and find healing and comfort but often only after the parable has exposed our weaknesses and the lies that we have not questioned.

Friday seemed like Saturday which was a funny feeling.  I went for an early walk and there was a light rain.  Soon after I got in the door it really started to pour.  I made it just in time.

Meanwhile dad waited until the sun came out to go for his bike ride.  He too comes in tired.  We tell each other don't overdo it but if you are going downhill first you forget the climb up is going to be a little harder.  Finished the day with hockey and a D.V.D. called "A Shine of Rainbows."

May go to the museum to see Foncie's photographs taken on the streets of Vancouver.  Left beautiful memories that captured the heart and spirit of the city and the times.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Give Carol a call if you guys go to see the photo museum because I think she wants to go as well. I'll be organizing more stuff in our apartment. Trying to fit 1200 sq feet of stuff into 800 square feet...I think I need Jesus help on this!

Panteli

Anonymous said...

Your thoughtful writing continues to amaze me. Looking forward to seeing you both at the going away party for the Longs.Bye for now , Jane,

Anonymous said...

I'm not so big on the parables. I just like it when Jesus is giving it to the Priests, Pharisees, and the scribes!

Love,

Rick

Anonymous said...

Good on you for walking in the rain. We in Australia won't do anything in the rain . Ken