Sunday, June 23, 2013

OUR PAST

The boys across the street are very interested in our Audi car and want to know if we are going to sell it, and are wanting to know if we will adopt them so they can be one of our lucky grandchildren!
P6211499

 The evidence of the heavy rainfall still rests on the flowers and many of them are dropping but the color is still vibrant and alive.  Saturday morning is looking good  but the fragrance from the flowers is wonderful..  I hope dad will help me do some digging in the garden as I just cannot find the strength to do it. He has to finish his John Grisham's novel I do not know if that is called a trashy novel by Panteli?  I am going to need some advice from Sandra when she gets home and rested up.

So nobody figured out there were two Thursday blogs by mistake.
 
In the past I have sometimes press publish when I have not finished and it has then appeared as the wrong date.  This annoys Sandra but I think she has now figured it out, but now from her comment I see she has not.  So it publishes and then in the morning I update it but it still says the same day as it first was published.  I need to go back to draft if I notice it.  I guess.

Exciting news about Ken and Melina and family arriving on the 14 of August.  I will call a family meeting here to make plans late in July.  Shawna that would be wonderful if you two can come here!

Is now Sunday so yes Saturday has passed and this morning is looking good. The sun beat me up but I did catch a bit of the sun rise!


We all are a part of our past even though there is much we may not know about our family history.  Why do we want to continue to search and find out more about our past and also past world history?  Amazing stories that we want to hear and retell.  We are looking for our own story.

In the Bible there are many stories that express what the people in those days believed.  They thought God spoke in the thunder and lightning, in the rain and the storm, in the fire and in the water, earthquakes and floods. 

There are stories like the one about the rascal Jacob who had cheated his brother and then left home  Human nature does not change as there are still cheaters and greedy people among us. .  He has a dream and wakes up to declare "'Surely God was in this place  and I, I was not aware of it."
He experienced the holy presence of God even as a deceiver and cheater. 

The past is made up of stories that paint  pictures of dysfunctional people and unhealthy people who we see as controversial and undeserving.  We want to forget the selfish and ugly things we have done so that we can believe in our future.

In the past there have been times when I have had nightmares that have frightened me. and made me realize things where not quite right with my life;  but there also have been times when in my dream  my soul has felt like it had wings and I could fly.  I felt a peace and contentment.  I could let go of the past.

I have also dreamt a person came from behind me and put his hand on my shoulder and prayed for me..  So God shows up in unexpected ways, in our dreams and in real life.  Right now He is showing up as people work together to help those facing disasters like the flood in Alberta.

Today dad and I will be going to Doug Graves' church for his final service.  The little white church on No. 10 where Michael John and Mary were married.  Our study group  are all going.  We will miss Doug as he had a lot of knowledge to add to our discussions; but we plan to carry on because we have become such good friends.  Plans have changed we are going to Colebrook.  Oliver's friend John is stopping by about 3.

We are learning that sometimes past theories do not fit the newest data but are still important.  There are exciting new discoveries ahead for us all.


                                           Rain expected for later today.

P6211512

5 comments:

beth bennett said...

You guys are fast two people have read it before I made corrections.

Anonymous said...

Yup, you never know who will be reading your rough drafts. Randy arrives today and Mary is feeling a lot better so we will be doing a clean up and trying to get some shopping done. We go out every day with a list, but end up getting to one store and then heading back home. The car seat you and dad paid for is now in my car so that we have the air conditioning and that will make a difference. Going to be very hot here this week. Sandra

Anonymous said...

Did you get a photo of the Super Moon? The aug date may change , but that is the plans at this stage .last early shift for me . tired of scraping ice off the car in the morning, good thing is that at 2:30am the ice has not had much time to form .
Ken

Anonymous said...

Yes, I do call John Grisham "trashy" novels, even though he is a very good writer. Basically, anything written after about 1890, I'm comfortable calling trashy.

Ice in Australia! I had no idea!

Panteli

Anonymous said...

No picture of the moon but I wish I had done that. Yes we know plans can change. Yes, I WAS surprised at ice too.
Nice visit with John and his two children. Also had a phone call from Kim and we said hi to Haiti.
love mom