Tuesday, August 6, 2013

A SHAGGY DOG

DSCN0358
Yesterday when dad and I arrived at the Hospice there was a big shaggy dog with a woman in a wheel chair waiting to go visiting.  Just seeing the both of them and knowing the comfort and joy they bring restores some hope within me. 

Watching a news report about the atom bomb when we got home just tears at your soul when you see the mass suffering and agony that those people had to try to escape from.    Such cruelty.  It was sixty-eight years ago when the U.S. dropped an atomic bomb on Hiroshima, Japan.

We prayed at church The International Peace Prayer: 
Lead us from death to life, O Lord
from falsehood to truth.
Lead us from despair to hope,
from fear to trust.
Lead us from hate to love,
from war to peace
Let peace fill our hearts, our world, our universe.   Amen

Today is Jim's birthday so a good day for a milkshake!  Dad will go visiting with me and maybe get a milkshake too!  Yes, there is a time for us to be born and a time to die for us all.  As I have lived I have also discovered that love was present at my birth and will be at the end of my life.  I wish I could express this to Jim but it will depend on his mood.  I believe that it was God who sent me into his life to become his regular visitor.

"To love is to risk not being loved in return.
To hope is to risk disappointment.
But risks must be taken because the greatest risk in life is to risk nothing., has nothing and is nothing.
He cannot learn, feel, change, grow, love and live."  -author unknown.

Jesus said:  "He who has ears to hear,  let him hear,"    Mark 4:8

Yes one way to grow in faith is to listen for the inner voice of God  and be in tune with the vibrations. Sometimes He challenges me and says "to try harder" because He has faith in me.  Keep learning, keep risking, keep loving and growing,  seeking help at times can be the first step towards healing. within yourself  .  Yes I  think life can be painful at times for us all,  Life can be unfair. 

 I am thankful for who I am and for who I will always be..  Strength and confidence come from within.  It is there all the time.

"If all of us and all living things on the planet are to continue,
we, who still remember how we must live, must join together."  \- a Native.

4 comments:

Sandra said...

Randy got my computer stuff figured out! No more highjacked web pages. Looked at 4 more houses yesterday, the one had a neighbour with 4 corvettes stacked 2 high in his garage. We cant move there or I will never see Randy, even when he isnt working. Sandra

beth bennett said...

Sounds like you had a productive day. Yes, there are lots of strange people around.
Looked like you enjoyed your ice-cream.
Well I had my walk and watered the garden and vacuumed now time to rest before shopping at Safeway 10% day love mom

Anonymous said...

Heath watch: Jesse home from school . Matthew and Jasmine both on antibiotics , and seem to be better this morning. Melina has a terrible cough. I am ok
May go in for overtime this afternoon. Ken

beth bennett said...

Time for prayer. Dad and I hope they will be all better by next week.

Dad's feet are not good but nothing seems to help. I wonder if when the weather changes it seems to get worse, but right now it is warm again.
love mom