Wednesday, August 7, 2013

FEAR AND FRUSTRATION

DSCN0408
I am worried about Ken's family not being well.  Maybe continue their pills until they arrive.


Frustration is thinking it is Friday when it is only Wed. because we visited Jim on Tues.  I told Jim I would come on Tuesday next week as the family arrives on Wed. and dad said to him: “It looks like you cannot get rid of her.”   He actually smiled.
I am a bit frustrated because everything is unorganized right now  and looks a mess but actually is not as bad as I feared.
I finally kept my dentist appointment and need to floss more.  I know I know!  I am just so tired by bedtime so I think I will do it right after supper and then they will just have to stay clean.
Looking back I think of how much fear and worry I had over my first child wanting to do things right.  But by the time the third and forth came along I had learned to relax.  It was still a very hard job.
It was especially hard when one of their pets died.  I have learned that we cannot love people or our pets because they will be with us forever but because loving makes us better, kinder, healthier  and more compassionate.  One lesson only experience teaches.
Fear and frustration may even cause the atheists pray.
I laugh at my writer friend who fears being asked to dance, she also like me meets people at the store when  it is the last thing she wants to do, she has dashed over to get a few things and realises she still has her pyjamas on.

DSCN0411
Yes I know we all have our gifts and talents.  My talents are always challenged when I am asked to take a casserole to a pot luck dinner.  Every one else seems happy and okay while I feel that know of fear in me. What can I make and what decent dish can I take it in.

Yesterday we got the wrong mail delivered so today Wed. I tried to find the address to deliver it and was on the wrong side of 64th.  Fortunately as I was completely frustrated I ran into the mailman and said here you can deliver it.  He laughed.  No fear he said.

Dad was frustrated when he brought home an awful color of paint for the front porch.  He will see if he can get it fixed today.

I am having a change of pace today and going out for lunch with Lee Plett.  Good to take time for old friendships!

4 comments:

Sandra said...

It is a good thing we have Leah's shower on Saturday, it will force you to relax. I will be bringing Mandi with me and then leaving early for Aveen's birthday. Got an offer on our house, well not really an offer since it was so low. Another showing today. Sandra

Anonymous said...

We arrive on Tuesday 13Aug.Four early shifts then off to Canada. Cold and rainy here , cant wait to get to sunny Vancouver. I told Matthew we can get a dog when we return from Canada , he is very excited about that .Jesse was dianosed with Glandular fever , he is ,I believe about 6 weeks into it, no temp , just a bit of a head ache and needs plenty of rest .Melina thinks that the youngs ones may have had it as well , so that explains the horrid last 3 months of colds and flu .
Ken

Anonymous said...

I don't like to floss my teeth either Grama. The dentist tells me over and over and I say "Yes yes, I Will floss more" I am also to tired at bed time. I will make it a goal to keep up with it. Good luck!
Mary

beth bennett said...


thanks Mary I was just starting to think no one seems to have the same problems as me. Or else they do not admit to it.

I am really trying to do better and I know you are too.

Thank you for commenting!
love grama