Thursday, August 1, 2013

KAIRO'S MOMENTS

DSCN0340

I was so surprised to see this deer on our drive down our old street.  Dad backed the car up so I could take a picture.  It scurried away.  A moment of wonder and delight.
What a beautiful picture Genesis is of a  life that starts in a garden with all the animals around.  Even there,  there had to be rules.
I believe that knowledge was the first great  temptation.  /some knowledge only comes with maturity.  Adam and Eve had not learn to tell the difference between the voice of temptation and the love of Love!
We spent a wonderful day on Tuesday down at the beach in White Rock.  What a busy place.
DSCN0384

DSCN0382
The birds sit and wait for some food to be thrown their way.  They better also listen for the train that comes down this track.  Just last week a young girl was hit by the train.  It is very quiet although it does blow its h0rn.
DSCN0348
A good look out spot.
DSCN0360
DSCN0363
It is very tricky walking down to the shore line especially as I easily can lose my balance now and dad as well.
DSCN0377
I wanted to catch the little waves coming in to shore.DSCN0380
I feel very small as I look across the ocean so vast.  Time stands still as you watch each wave come and caress the rocks.
It is easy to forget the busyness of life and find all your worries being carried out to sea.  This is what is know as Kairos time and Kairos time is God’s time.  "Carry On Warrior" by G. Melton
It’s metaphysical time.  A magical moment to be cherished.

Sometimes it is a moment when you know you have done the right thing and are in the right place.
Last night both dad and I felt we should drive in to see Eileen and she was very worried and upset because of financial problems that she really does not need to be concerned about.  She look so much more calm when we left so we felt good about taking time to go in and visit.

The deer, the ocean and the visit Kairos moments!

3 comments:

Sandra said...

When I am doing my yoga and doing my breathing I think of the waves of the ocean, the ocean always calms me. Long weekend, yeah! Now I work 5 days a week I really look forward to this. Sandra

Anonymous said...

Do you know the story of the little wave that is coming in to a rocky shore line andsees the other waves crashing on the rocks and sees this as a terrible end and a slightly bigger wave dancing along beside the little wave you must not worry about that don' you know you are apart of the ocean! Another beatiful day on our beautiful planet earth, and aother thoughtful and poetic blog from my dear friend, LOVE Jane,

larry bennett said...

Turning my family calender over to August and enjoying the new photos