Friday, August 23, 2013

HOLDING ON

Holding on to wonderful memories.
DSCN0692

Breakfast on our front porch on a warm morning.
My pictures did not turn out when we went to the beach with Carol and Panteli for a barbecue.  A light breeze and the tide coming slowly in and lots of wonderful memories of family time there. Very calming after a miserable visit with Jim.  I guesss he needed to vent his anger but it was difficult for me to hang on to my patience.  He had lived a life of fearlessness dangerously but now has to face the unknown and that causes fear and anger.

There are no answers to his problems when he would rather be drinking his Scotch when all I could offer was his favorite milkshake.  After a miserable conversation I left and he said he did appreciate the milkshake.

I went with the belief that God is in everyone but sometimes it is hard to hold on to that thought.  He says he does not believe in God but I tell him God believes in him.
DSCN0701
These are dad’s pictures.
DSCN0698
Dad and I stopped in to see Eileen and yes she is still hanging on.
There appeared to be no response when I spoke to her.  I believe everyone deserves to die with dignity and am thankful for the loving care she is receiving.  I am thankful she is not in pain.
 
One woman who experiences a near death experience expresses her body becoming free, free of pain and filled with love, joy, ecstasy and the battle she had fought so hard against cancer had released its hold on her.  Unconditional love enveloped her .  This is from "Dying To Be Me"  Anita Moorjani.
 
Yes I hold on to stories like these and to the words of Jesus as he expressed death as a joy!
 

4 comments:

Sandra said...

Sorry I did not come to the beach, had a bad sinus headache. How did the trial run go with the barbeque?
sandra

Anonymous said...

The bbq worked OK, but it's not that big, so we'll still use it on Sunday, but probably make mroe stuff at home first. Carol is picking up Morgan today. See you all on Sunday! :)Panteli

Anonymous said...

HI WE ARE BACK AFTER A GREAT GRUISE TO ALASKA - MARVALOUS SCENERY AND GOOD COMPANY, CAME HOME TO SOME VERY SAD NEWS JOHNATHEN STIBBS AGED 54 DIED LAST FRIDAY. FATHER OF THREE TEENAGE BOYS . l cannot sse any joy in this only grief for the family Johnathon had a recurring leukemia but up to this point it had responded well to treatment .
This is a double wammy for Pat Stibbs who lost her husband to a brain tumor about 18 months ago. Glad you are enjoying so much time with your family . Looking forward to seeing you when things settle down. We will be up in the Cariboo next week . Love Jane.

nancy-Lou said...

Reading about Eileen and how people who are dying are surrounded in love brought tears to my eyes as I remembered our dear Melodie. You could actually feel the love in her room as she passed on...such a mixture of emotions overtake you at that time. I miss her so much. I wish Eileen a peaceful journey to her new home, where she will live in glory. How sad for you both to loose her, but how nice to read how kind and supportive you are to her and her sons. Bless you both, Love Nancy