Saturday, August 10, 2013

STRENGTH

DSCN0413
These sun flowers are amazing, they grow so big and tall and bright.
“You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop and look fear and falsehood in the face.”  _Eleanor Roosevelt.

Once again as I was ready to step off the sidewalk two cars raced through the red light and I was so thankful that I had waited even though I had the walk sign.

I am so thankful that I can  walk and enjoy being out in my garden.  I walk only half as far and very slowly but I keep on.
I am thankful that I can read and write.  I make mistakes when I write and my mind is more forgetful but here I am still doing the best I can.
Some nights I do not sleep very well but I am still thankful for my bed and a roof over my head and a place I call home.
I  believe in prayer and yet worries can take over my mind and only I can replace the negative thoughts with positive, because some thoughts are just not welcome.

I have trouble making up my mind which annoys others but also myself.
I wish I knew the answers that would help my friends with their problems but I do not but I can listen.   cannot take on worldly concerns .  Others can fight those battles.
DSCN0426I Off to the Bridal Shower for Leah today  with Carol and Sandra and Kim and Theresa.  Good food and good fun.

4 comments:

Sandra said...

Up early getting my yoga in before I start cleaning. We have 2 showing today while we are at the shower. Somehow I have to find time to shower my self and get pretty. I think it is kind of ironic that those of us in this privalged western society have to remind our selves to be thankful. All of that we have, and we have so so much, soon is taken for granted. Fingers, toes, feet, hands, family, love, garden. And even Mary sending me pictures of Simone! I have a lot to be thankful for. Sandra

Shandel said...

enjoy!! have a great time and cant wait to see the photos :D

Anonymous said...

Have a great time at the party, What a happy occasion, l am becoming quite jealous of all the great grandchildren that you have. it is twelve years since we had a baby (Kamryn) in the family
Hope to see you in church tomorrow.
Love Jane.

Anonymous said...

I am thankfull I have only one more 0330 shift. And thankfull to go to the warm sunny weather in VANCOUVER.
Ken