Saturday, August 3, 2013

COMPASSIONATE

DSCN0327
Prayers of compassion are being said all over this hurting world.
I pray and I pray
because it is sometimes the only thing I can do.
I pray not for answers and aware that people and situations do not always change but I pray for the assurance of God’s love for me and His compassion for us all.

Life can be like a maze that I have to find my way through.  Worry does not help because things work out as \i just keep going and doing the best I can.

I am learning to empty my heart at night and let go of all that did not get done because I want not to  be cluttered up for the night or for the morning when I want my heart to be open and fresh for the good things the day will bring.
DSCN0392

I pray for peace and calm within me and around me.
I like to believe that God puts people into my life as gifts.  He knows I need to learn to love with compassion and grace.  Some of these people are hurting and that hurt is felt within me.  Life is a challenge to be brave and kind and to trust and to believe.



“If instead of a gem, or even a flower,
we should cast the gift of a loving thought into the heart of a friend,
that would be giving as the angels give.”
-George MacDonald

3 comments:

Sandra said...

I was working on my stupid computer after I got home last night again. Not sure if I will ever get things back to normal. I think I need some garden time. Sandra

Anonymous said...

Beth you give as the Angels give all the time. To the more down to earth At this time of writing Geof ie h the hospital awaiting a CT scan. .He wasn't at aall well yesterday ,having back pain and side pain and sleepiness and was unsteady on he\is feet so after a difficult day l called an ambulance to take him to peace arch because there was no way l could get him to the car. They said to check with them this morning at nine 0;clock to see how things are going. Bye for now and love always, Jane.

Anonymous said...

I hope Dr Parker Sutton is ok. Cold and wintry here. The guy is here putting up our new fence. Not the best timing as we are just about to go on holidays , but I knew it was going to get done some time , as the neighbours said in three weeks 20 weeks ago. I am going for a wlk the kids and Melina stayed at Nona's house last night.
Ken