Sunday, August 25, 2013

SEEING LIFE WITH NEW EYES

DSCN0754

There is a time to enjoy the wonder of being alive!  Here I am caught on camera at the Sylvia!

DSCN0710
Like most people my time and experiences are valuable to me.  Each morning I wake up wanting to explore my walking with new eyes to see all that is so beautiful.  I look forward to meeting the person I am meant to meet on my walk.  Yesterday I met Joanna and I love hearing her funny stories.  She met a man who she thought was Larry and was asking how the family from Australia were.  He looked at her strangely and said she had the wrong person.

Also she suggested a blind date with her daughter and Jesse, but I was not surprised when Jesse was not interested.  She would take them to the P.N.E. and that would have made his visit a little more interesting, although he seems to enjoy going with the younger ones on their travels.

They were all going with Carol to feed the birds at the bird sanctuary and have a picnic there with Morgan and I sure it was a real party time.  Carol is a lot of time and enjoys the children whole-heartedly.  Yes, being a grandma is a great joy!

DSCN0710
“To love is to risk not being loved in return
To hope is to risk disappointment
but risks must be taken because the greatest risk in life is to risk nothing.
The person who risks nothing, does nothing, sees nothing, and is nothing,
He cannot learn, feel, change, grow, love and live.|”
author unknown
DSCN0723I
I try to be honest with my writing acknowledging I make mistakes,  I get miserable at times, but I try to think positive and to be open to learning.  I try not to get drawn  into the drama of other people's  lives because I do not want to judge them or even correct them.  It is so easy to see the faults and mistakes of others and yet not to see our own.

I admit that I am trying, especially to see the life of others from their perspective.

I could not feel restful last evening thinking that Ken and Melina were driving around looking for the park  trying to connect with Carol and the children and thinking I had given them the wrong phone number.  I try to not worry and just be peaceful but sometimes I just need a little reassurance.

Not sure if we will make it to the Lake family outing it depends on dad's feet which were very painful yesterday,  I do not know about church but will try and go.
 
Cherishing one's self and loving and accepting who you are
has the potential to make you a joy to be around.




2 comments:

Sandra said...

We have bought the house in Fraser Heights,the one with the pool. Going to do our best to get into it before Shawna has her baby. Shorter drive for Randy, longer drive for me. I will look for a new job. Weather looks good. If dad had the scooter his feet bothering him would not be so much an issue. Sandra

nancy-Lou said...

Sandra, I am so happy that you found a nice home and soon will be settled. Yes, I too, am battling with my husband to use a scooter..he has had a few nasty falls and I cannot help him up, we have to call some strong men! It would give your dad and Carl much more mobility instead of sitting in the car, while I do the errands. Not sure if that happens with Larry, but I guess they have to be ready for it. You can rent them, to try them out.
Beth, yes you are very forthright and honest in your writings...much more so than I....I am privlidged to be able to read your blog, with it's message and family news. You have a wonderful gift to share with us.
Have wonderful Sunday, Love, Nancy