Saturday, August 17, 2013

MOUNTAINS

Life is Precious and so are all my children and grand children and great Grandchildren with all their different personalities. I love every One! Life is very busy and noisy and emotional right now and I am having a hard time keeping up. Visits are wonderful but I am being very, very selfish and not waiting in anyone. There was baseball yesterday with Carol and Panteli and also going to the beach. We had another visit with Eileen and I believe it is important that everyone die with dignity and surrounded by loved ones if possible. Had a phone call from Brian my brother and they are coping but our third cousin in Australia is failing. I will write her soon.
DSCN0527
Life can be though and exhausting like climbing a mountain that demands courage and endurance.  We do our best but at times I need a helping hand to get up after falling and to keep going.
“My  dreams are the sum total of everything that has ever happened
to me, everyone I’ve ever met, every book I have ever read,” every  child in my family that has touched my heart, every friend I’ve valued, every mistake I have made, every selfish act and every time I need to be forgiven and especially  every one I have loved.
I love to write but often question whether it is right to write about others.  Mainly it is to help keep our family in touch.  Writing helps me catch my breath on my journey up the mountain.  The words of Jesus seem to me to ring with important truths that are not really new but ones that we need to be reminded of.
DSCN0492
Sunshine and shadows make up every day!

 Prayers of mercy and grace for myself and for others.  Prayers of thankfulness!  Prayers of protection especially for Jesse who has a pain in his side which may be appendix.  Jasmine has also had a bad cold and very stuffy nose.Prayers for wisdom whether to travel home.  It is a risk.  Dad took him and Melina to the doctor yesterday.
Thank you Sandra for the things you brought over.  You will have a busy day today getting ready for us all coming over.  Ken and Randy and Stephen are golfing.  It is a bit over cast and muggy.

Rick arrives today.

Yesterday the children were very excited to see 5 racoons!

4 comments:

Sandra said...

Just like what ever it is that tells our heart to keep beating, and our lungs to keep breathing, somehow we have to keep climbing those mountains. Well, hope Kenny has some fun golfing today, it will be a shame if they end up having to go home early. Still undecided about tonights dinner menu. Sandra

beth bennett said...

Hamburgers?

nancy-Lou said...

I think it is your turn to take things easy and let the younger generation look after plans and meals etc...don't feel selfish or guilty Beth...sit back and enjoy. I am sure they are more than willing to do their part. It hasn't been that long since you were really ill, in the hospital...so just "go with the flow". Sorry to hear your grandson is not feeling well and hope that they can stay for the duration of their holidays. Have a wonderful time tonight at Sandra's with your family. Love Nancy

Theresa said...

I hope Jessie is doing ok. That would be scary.

Yes grandma, everyone worries about you, except you. No one wants you to get so tired doing things that we are able to do, that we can't enjoy your company.