Sunday, August 25, 2013

HUMILITY AND CONFIDENCE Monday Morning.

We had a wonderful time at Cultus lake on Sunday with most of the family.  I was so happy to see Oliver and Lea and Craig, and each one of the others.  It was a celebration of Theresa's birthday and I will put pictures on later or to-morrow.

 Dad published this last night by mistake.

DSCN0663
It is very important to try and become balanced so that at times our confidence shines while at other times it is our humility.  Our goal for our children was to treat others fairly, expect that life is unfair and even hard at times, and to be honest and kind.

There are times when our greatest strength is to be confident and I often find that comes when I feel I am in the right place doing the right thing.  Like taking Jim his milkshake.
The only problem was dad wanted to change the slow leaking tire at the same time.  The only problem was that a key was needed to take the tires off.  It is always the same story we try to lock things up and often it is us that our locked up and unable to get in.  That seems to be the case with me.

Every morning I want to live the day with a caring and a peaceful heart But there seems to be strong, very strong-willed forces working against me.
DSCN0682
Keeping children active helps everyone to have fun.

Years ago my first reaction would be to freak out, to feel anger and frustration and even annoyance.  Being with children is a test of our character and both of us have growing pains.
DSCN0671
Children also remind us not to take life too seriously.  Most of us can handle filling one pail at a time!   or taking one  day a\t a time!

I have lost confidence in my own strength and ability to do things I would like, in fact I can even get dizzy standing on a chair, but it is both humbling and yet joyful as I appreciate life even more.

Trying to be like some one else does not make me better but accepting my own uniqueness is loving myself as I am and loving others as they are!

2 comments:

Sandra said...

It is a lot of hard work to try and be like someone else, so I would hope by the ripe old age of ? you get to just be you. Hope we did not keep dad waiting too long. Randy is very excited about the new house and just wants to show everyone. Sandra

Anonymous said...

l too have very good intentions for living my day in a loving caring way but then l loose it . However this allows me lots of opportunities to practice apologizing and also learning to forgive myself. Good to see you both yesterday . Love Jane.