Thursday, August 29, 2013

THE WEB

DSCN0789

I have found that my emotions can be like a web that seems to hold you in it's grip ofsadness or happiness.
The whirlwind of energy and emotion that the Bennett’s  have contributed to our days has been fun but now we will feel empty sad and alone as they prepare to leave.

Sandra and Randy have mixed emotions leaving their home where we have had so many gatherings and so much happiness.  Now they have to create a new home!  Sad to leave the old one too.  They put so much work into it.
DSCN0785
DSCN0786
I peak in with Sandra at their living room window.
DSCN0795

DSCN0794
This is the view  from their house.

I grew up with different views than the young people of today and I believed what I was taught.  I have since learned a lot more about life and about human nature and also about sex. 
And actually sex was never talked about when I was growing up.

But what I believe is that different people come into our lives to teach us and this is a gift of God.  I try to think positively about others and not to judge them in any way.  I feel very sad about stories where I read about where people are teased about their weight, about their nationality, about their looks or brains and about their feelings about relationships.

I have learned a lot from my grandchildren and I hope that I love each one just as they are.  My heart aches for anyone who is teased and made fun of.  I respect the young people of today and know they have much to give to a world that needs healing.
DSCN0783
Within each one of us is a beautiful soul!
It is so very important for us to have a good positive attitude for every moment of our lives, even when there does not seem to be a reason for doing it,  at the time.

DSCN0780
Thursday morning and bags are being packed.  Feeling very sad but happy everything went so well.  Great fun to have a family get together last night.  There will be many changes in their lives before we see them again.  We wish Melina well in her new undertaking working at the school.  Praying for good health in the upcoming season and Happy Father's Day for a great dad  our son Ken.

Good parenting you too it is not easy with such bright and active children.  We love you all more than words can express.  Thank you for everything.  We enjoyed your visit even though a little over whelming at times.  Great fun!

Praying for a safe flight and that they are able to make all their connections.

3 comments:

Sandra said...

It is always a funny feeling when people are packing up to leave. There is so much excitement but that little tinge of sadness. I finally was able to sleep last night. I think there being the issue with the fireplaces kind of takes the pressure off, gives me time to decide if I really want the house. Sandra

nancy-Lou said...

Ah so, a bittersweet day for you, with your son and family leaving for their home in Australia. My goodness how far away that is. I wish them a safe and easy flight home. Now you and Larry can "recharge your batteries" as the saying goes. You have some wonderful memories from these past couple of weeks, don't you?

It must be hard for Sandra and husband to leave the home they have put so much time and work in to.
I know it sure would be hard for me to leave our home too.
We built it ourselves, 37 years ago...on land that was the original homestead of my husband's grandparents, who immigrated from Lebanon about 1897. Actually Grandpa Ateah was coming to Canada for the Gold Rush in the Yukon, but met Grandma Ateah in Winnipeg and they married after just a few weeks.
They settled at Victoria Beach about 1900, on a quarter section,where we live, along with quite a few other Ateah's, including our sons. Our street is Ateah Rd. Quite a heritage!

Yes, families and traditions are much cherished memories..but then again, new horizons and challenges are good fun too..soooo good luck to Sandra and Randy on their decision.

Love, Nancy

Anonymous said...

More good photographs Mom.

Love,

Rick