Wednesday, July 31, 2013

THE SACRED WILD

DSCN0324

I was wild and crazy yesterday morning deciding to make a fritata and yes I looked up how but from then on all went wrong.  I made enough for a Russian army and then burnt it.  Managed to get some not too bad for dad and I.  First he said it tasted funny. and I said well it has good things in it for you.  A little ketchup saved the day.  Dad being a good sport ate it all!
Good job Ken is a good cook and will know what the children like.  Everything will taste different here.
Two sets of eyes look at me through the glass doors into our back yard.  Very cute but also very wild raccoons look in our glass doors at me.  They are wild  because they fear us and may react aggressively.

I am reading three books right now all a little wild and crazy.  One a rare and honest look into the heart of the Vineyard movement.  The other two are about women so different than me and yet facing so many of the same problems. 
The one actually called “Wild” about a woman who starts  out to conquer the Pacific  Crest  Trail after the death of her mom and her marriage.  Ultimately her journey strengthens and heals her.

We all have so much in common!  In their stories I recognize my own humanity.

I truly believe that the Spirit of Creation was and still is wild and free with an amazing love for all creation and especially each one of us.
DSCN0334

My beautiful bold birthday flowers!

6 comments:

Sandra said...

I feel bad for our racoons since they made the big garbage cans. Now they have to eat bugs and stuff, but Randy gets mad if they did in our grass. I haven't had any cat food outside either as I have not had any stray cats this summer. Sandra

beth bennett said...

Yes I would like to feed them too but I do not want to attract rats.

No I have not driven the new car yet. I do not have any confidence to do it.

Now as you know I have also lost confidence in my cooking. Dad is very easy to please which is good bur not always helpful in deciding what to cook.

love mom

Anonymous said...

I think I am more mild and lazy than wild and crazy.

New car looks good!

Love,

Rick

Anonymous said...

l think we went a little wild yesterday . we bought not one but two condominiums in Walnut Grove l am very exited about the purchase . They were only in the third development that we looked at, Will give you details when we next meet, bye for now Love, Jane

Anonymous said...

Hi Jane
That is exciting news. You sound happy. I tried to phone but you but the phone was busy.
I am happy an excited for you all!
love beth

nancy-Lou said...

I read Into the Wild, too, Beth. It was interesting to follow her along the path of healing and to read about the people she met along the way.

Your pics of White Rock sure are very nice and give me a completely different picture of what it looked like when I was a child. At that time it was a rather cheesy place...kind of run down, with old buildings. That would have been 60 years ago or so. My great Aunt's friend, lived there and we used to visit her.

Your new car looks very spiffy. We are going to downsize from our large Toyota Sienna...the gas is a "killer", living so far from the city. $45 a trip. Looking at the Ford Focus, or Chevrolet Equinox.

I can "hear" the excitement, as you anticipate the arrival of your Aussie family! What a wonderful time you all will have.

Have a great day,
Love, Nancy

Winnipeg has a service called Meals on Wheels...for seniors....do you have something like that there? It might help out!