Tuesday, July 9, 2013

THE NEW EXODUS

P7071754

My morning walk is always enjoyable and I see natures gifts all around me.  I am always seeing new things.  Yesterday I saw a woman mowing her drive way.  That is a first for me.

P7071763
I almost fell in trying to get a closer picture.  Thankfully I can swim.

 
Yesterday I had a visit with Mrs. G and she is looking good and enjoying puttering in her garden.  We will not be walking together anymore but our friendship continues.
 
\I also had a visit with the doctor late in the afternoon and got caught in lots of traffic but were able to detour and actually get there in time.  Our clock is 10 minutes fast but we still are arriving at places late.  The doctor did not know why he wanted to talk with me, it was so long ago he had the nurse phone me to come in and see him, and so we talked about dad instead.  He was pleased I was looking so good.
 
I am reading about a new way of reading the Bible.  One story builds a foundation for the next story.  Some stories have the power to evoke negative images but if I keep in mind that the story is ultimately about learning from our failures and seeing that  hope brings  healing and that brings reconciliation.  The story of Exodus is where the central story of redemption begins.

In life we may not receive a cure but we can receive healing of our hearts and attitudes, spiritual healing.  Redemption and liberation!

4 comments:

Sandra said...

So far my new schedule worked exactly how I hoped. No traffic going to or from work, and I had enough energy to get the grass cut when I got home. Sandra

beth bennett said...

That is soooo good. I had hoped when we got home from White Rock I would feel like doing some more work in the garden but was too tired but I did do some watering.

Love mom

Anonymous said...

Very cold and sunny here , new dates 14 Aug- 29 aug. plan "B"
Ken

beth bennett said...

Sounds good.

Warm and a bit of a breeze here.
Love mom