Monday, July 22, 2013

HUMANITY

DSCN0241
.We are all so very human.  We have our good days and are miserable days.  We are caught up in situations we do not understand and yet try to  believe there is a purpose behind it all.

I have been in a place where I took a rigid stance on certain issues.  Now I try more and more to see the other’s point of view.  I try to find the light that is there all the time if I only look for it.  Like the light in the clouds.

In this new humanity I am wrestling with I try to see the colors not what is black and white.  Yes, it was a good experience for me to belong to a church that was known for being hip, cool, and trendy.  For me it was exciting and a growing experience.

Now It is easier to be with those I share so much in common with, like age  and  cultural references that I am familiar with.  As a believer I share many goals with others as I am committed to take a certain path every day!

Haiti and I meet Joanna on our walk early Sunday morning and we walk  together for awhile.  She is going too far so we head back.  Being the smart person I am  I  decide to take a short cut  and wind up at two not one dead ends.  I feel quite lost but eventually I find the park and know where I am.

It comes into my thoughts to  say to myself why am I here? 
Then I start thinking why am I here on this earth? 
What purpose do I contribute to the great sea of humanity which surrounds me? 
Yes, the world can go on without  me or you,  that I realize.

So tell me Why am I still here?

WE all make mistakes because we are all human and we to be supported and encouraged.

Monday I will be celebrating my up coming birthday with Jane and Geof dining out and doing some shopping.  Jane is a real character and I know we will have great fun..


6 comments:

Sandra said...

I have read your blog top to bottom. In lots of ways I think too much news and media is not all that great. But in regards to religion, and being able to see the harm that rigidity of believes does I think it has helped. But, have to do a quick tidy, quick shower and then get ready for my yoga girl! Sandra

beth bennett said...

Thank you Sandra. I agree.

Have fun at yoga and thanks again for all your great help and support.

Had a quick visit with Kim before she left for Chilliwack.

They had great fun but a bit stressful trying to keep everyone happy.

much love mom

Anonymous said...

looking forward to our celebration today. l think it is going to be a hot one! Love , Jane

Anonymous said...

I hate getting lost when I think I know where I'm going.

Love,

Rick

Anonymous said...

We are in the middle of a real cold snap . The wind is freezing. I am on late shifts all this week. We need to plan a party for Matthew on Sunday . Melina , Jesse and Matthew at school , Nona will have Jasmine all to herself .
Ken

beth bennett said...

That should be fun for Nona. It should be lovely and warm here.

I would not like the shifts you work. Yuck.

love mom