Thursday, July 11, 2013

PANIC

P7071788

I would love to be relaxing beside quiet waters so cooling with a slight breeze gently blowing on me.

Instead panic.  Sheer nauseating panic when we cannot find Randy's hockey tapes we were going to return to him.  I look in all the normal places and then search strange areas like the frig. or under the bed.  I hate it when I cannot find something and cannot remember if I put it in one of my safe (?) places.  My own possessions do not matter but when it belongs to some one else I do.  Instead of rushing around I had to be still and listen.

Dad and I both got the idea we had returned it to the library mistaking it for the bunch of D.V.D.s we had borrowed.  A phone call confirmed that this was indeed what we had done and they were just in the process of putting all lost items up for sale.  We immediately rushed over to get it.  So ended our day on Thursday.

It was our great granddaughter’s seventh birthday on the 9.  We had thought about driving out to see her as her party is not until the 13th at a park.  She is our little red head beauty full of life!  And also Ben our very good athlete  scholar and singer and actor.  Lacrosse is his game right now.
 
It turned out that Auntie Kim and best friend of Theresa’s Kelly would be taking them to the beach.  We knew that would be a fun time for them all.  Was   it only last year that we would go on these trips carrying chairs and coolers and blankets and take a dip in the cool waters.  Not any more.
 
As it turns out Kim will be bringing them here today and Carol  will pick them up after work for a sleep over and I believe a canoe trip.  Kim is off to the airport and to  a wedding in Sask.
 
Thinking about my life I try to remember what has shaped me the most?  Yes, there have been moments of transformation that have affected the rest of my life.  Sometimes they have come when I was at my lowest point and felt vulnerable and powerless.

God had sent a shepherd named Moses to lead the Israelites who were being treated as slaves, to lead them out of Egypt.  These slaves had cried out to God who sends them a savior to rescue them.

 I know that certain people have come into my life and been there for me when I was troubled and I know I have been there for others. 

The journey away out of Egypt brings them to Mount Sinai.  They were a nation that had lost its way and at the mountain God speaks to them words of wisdom.    He reminds them through Moses "I have carried you on eagles wings and brought you to myself."  -Exodus 19;4

"You have to count on living every single day in a way you believe will make you feel good about yourself-so that if it were over tomorrow you'd be content with yourself."

5 comments:

Sandra said...

Do you think most of the shaping happens when you are young? I think it has to be a pretty major shake up to get us to change in our later years. Glad that you found the dvd's. Sandra

beth bennett said...

I think when you get older and have time to think you can look back on your life and see what has shaped you and also you have time to look to the future and see how that will have to change.
Willingness to change is good at any age.
love mom (just my opinion)

Shandel said...

good opinion gramma!! change can be fabulous.

Anonymous said...

So glad you found the Tapes . lt is a horrible feeling when you cannot find something of value . i always pray to St Anthony help us find things and he is pretty good and generally pretty fast however l always make the proviso help me to find blaa blaa blaal if it is possible ,. much love Jane.

Anonymous said...

Don't use up all the beach weather Before we arrive.
Ken