Wednesday, July 24, 2013

HAITI THE DOG AND ME


DSCN0293

Waiting at the bottom of the stairs knowing it is time for our walk.
DSCN0296


DSCN0297
                                                 She sniffs the flowers I take a picture
DSCN0299
I get ideas for my garden


DSCN0318
We come to a strange place we have never been before and does not appear to be leading us home, yes another dead end.





DSCN0305
I think  we have been past these bushes before.


DSCN0303
                                          I could stop and ask for directions.
DSCN0231


Finally we are back home and I see the big black and white cat ahead of us.  He freezes and sits very still and Haiti does not even see him; but any squirrel or bunny rabbit that runs by he wants to chase!



Tuesday I just did a short walk as I left it too late and it was getting too warm.  I went over to the store and then back over to the Post Office.  Stopped in to see Mrs. G. for a visit.

Got home and realized I had forgot what I went for so back to the store.  Meanwhile dad sets off for a walk in the water-shed park where it is easier on his feet.  Yes, his feet are very painful all the time and I just try to encourage him to walk a little or ride his bike a little to keep active.  He took a pain pill last night which helped him get a bit better sleep.  He misses things like golfing but we have to be thankful for what we can do and for our amazing family that continue to bless us everyday!


"In beauty may I walk
all day long may I walk
Beautifully will I possess again;
Beautifully birds
Beautifully joyful birds.

With dew about my feet may I walk
With beauty before me may I walk
With beauty behind me may I walk
With beauty above me may I walk,
(Wandering on a trail in the forest even in old age, may I walk)
In beauty may I walk."   -from the Navajo

Alone but not alone.

8 comments:

Shandel said...

Hello and Good Morning Gramma and Grandpa! Thank you so very much for your card and gift. i received it in the mail last week. Sorry for my late reply, as its been very busy around here and we just got our Internet back up and running. It was nice to have the break and i think we will treat it differently now. I very much appreciate the sweet card you sent. thank you for thinking of me. I also have a little video for you of Shawna opening your baby shower gift. I will most likely need to post it to facebook or email it to you. what would you prefer?
have a wonderful day, i will try to do the photos and video later today.
xoxo lots of love.

Anonymous said...

We had a showing at our house last night at 8:00 so Randy and I took our dogs for a walk. Perfect time to be out on the trail, lots of families out, and then when we came home down the side street from us two of our neighbors children said hi to us. So a very long day for me, then nightmares about Cameron having no lunch last night. Will need a coffee later. Sandra

beth bennett said...

Shandel I will look on face book later. I do not go on it everyday.
Thanks love beth

Shandel said...

Sandra you had a dream that Cameron had no lunch? lol that is interesting i wonder what it mean?

Anonymous said...

Will that dog still bark at me? He seems to like you!

I won't be down in Vancouver until the Aug 17/18 weekend when Kenny will be in town.

Love,

Rick

Anonymous said...

Haiti looks like a nice dog.
Ken

Anonymous said...

Well Haiti is a nice dog but she does bark at people she does not know. She has to get to know you slowly and the best thing is to ignore her,
I do not trust her if people want to pat her I say no stay away
KIM is VERY good at training her but for awhile caution is needed.

Anonymous said...

Well Haiti is a nice dog but she does bark at people she does not know. She has to get to know you slowly and the best thing is to ignore her,
I do not trust her if people want to pat her I say no stay away
KIM is VERY good at training her but for awhile caution is needed.