Friday, July 5, 2013

VALUES

P7041707

















Values are what we try to pass on to our children.  They are timeless even though times change
In times of change that I have found distressing I would find comfort in the fact that I believed God  was reminding me that even though things may change that this invisible being does not change.

It is important to believe that you have a purpose that is worthwhile, does not need to be great but can be simple acts of kindness.

We live up to what we believe and to the light of knowledge we have.

My power went off and my blog disappeared.
Values are what we try to pass on to our children  Most of them timeless.

Dad and I visited Cousin Eileen in the Hospice.  She has lovely doors that open out to this garden patio.  Her son Bill joined us and later stopped by our house for a visit.  He and his brother have left but will return in a month or so or sooner if necessary.  Meanwhile dad and I will visit several times a week.

Family  News
Mikie is away on an islandP7041723
He got there on a barrage carrying his big truck and it nearly sank.  He had to keep bailing it out.  Took 4 hours instead of 40 minutes.
Ben had an awesome birthday with splat guns.  Morgan will have a pirate party with chocolate dollars in a treasure chest.

Thanks Ken for keeping us up to date.

Others can do the same on comments.

Dad and I met Jane and Geof for coffee at Applewood Tea House and we enjoyed just having fun.  Dad is planning to go for a bike ride and we may go to the Hospice today or to-morrow.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mom,

I got the card and present in the mail today. Thanks very much! I won't open them until Monday as you know how I am on waiting for the proper time. :)

Being 55 has a sort of symetery to it that 56 does not have. But its not like a fellow has choice anyway about getting older.

Love,

Rick

Anonymous said...

Hi Rick,
Glad they got there on time.

I agree that sometimes I would like to just stay a certain age but time moves on.

Bill Eileen's son is also 56. We are learning a lot about their family history which is different than ours and makes me appreciate our family even more.
Love mom

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to Rick. Jesse and I did a big clean up yesterday ,I hired a skip bin to put all the rubbish in. It was so cold yesterday, the temp was about 10c , but its the wind that kills , we have had heaps of snow falling in the state and you can feel it in the cold wind. Off to work pm shift .Jasmine woke at 0530am claiming that eyes were looking at her( she slept at Nonnas house )And Jesse and Ricky claim they herd footsteps last week...
Ken
PS WE have the little kids passports just waiting on Jesse's to arrive

beth bennett said...

No spooky things here!

Sounds like hard work for you both. Dad and I are working in our front yard today. He dug up some daisy roots a real hard job.

It got too hot so we came in. ad is watching football now. Alberta against Sask.

Hope Jesse gets his passport soon.
love mom

beth bennett said...

No spooky things here!

Sounds like hard work for you both. Dad and I are working in our front yard today. He dug up some daisy roots a real hard job.

It got too hot so we came in. ad is watching football now. Alberta against Sask.

Hope Jesse gets his passport soon.
love mom