Monday, July 15, 2013

CONTROL

P7131842
                                The youngest one at the party who wanders around doing her own thing.
P7131835
The important lesson was learning to share and look for clues together.  Big brother looks on as it is Morgan's turn to read the map.

I hope and pray that I will always be open and curious like a child.  Jesus loved and welcomed children knowing the joy they have to give us and that in teaching them we also learn ourselves.

Our garden which has grown completely wild and out of control is finally taking shape.  We took a break to go to the library and had a very , very close call with a speedy car coming right up behind us at the stop sign with no intention of stopping.  Fortunately dad put his foot to the gas and he put on his brakes and swerved to miss. us.  Another car was chasing him so it could have been messy.

Carol brought Kim here to pick up the car.  Lots to tell us of her trip to Saskatoon our old home town.  She found dad's house but not mine.  Brings back memories.

Today dad goes to the doctor to get his stomach pills renewed and I disparately need to do some grocery shopping.

One of the great lessons I learned was that God speaks to me inside my own mind.  Our very mental state can be an explanation of our behavior.  We all have different ideas and beliefs we can share.

We learn as we grow older we have to become responsible and control our thoughts and our behaviors.  Prayer is a powerful force for good when it teaches us to surrender to let go of having to control everything.  This helps us to accept and cope with the difficult things and people in our lives.. 

We develop a relationship with God through taking time to pray and prayer requires time and effort to focus our thoughts and also to listen and discern what God may be saying to you.
 
As I grow older I realize that the world is a complicated place and I have to let go of what I cannot change. 

When one faces death there is a need to see that we are not in control and we cannot control others.

This is the message of the Old Testament where they could not let go of being in control and wanting to conquer others to gain more power and more control.  Religion is miss used if it is used to control when it is meant to set us free.

"Tis the gift to be simple
Tis the gift to b free
Tis the gift to come down
Where we ought to be.  - A Quaker Song

4 comments:

Sandra said...

No control of anything when I got home from work yesterday, the power was out. Then when it came back on I could not figure out how to reset all the wireless internet stuff so could not watch my british net flix show before bed like I like to do. I am sure Randy will do it all when he gets up this morning. Sandra

Anonymous said...

I have booked the flights from Lax to Yvr , sent you a copy . So we are definately coming . Booked with Westjet , Air Canada was a bit expensive. We arrive 13Aug depart 29Aug .
ken

Anonymous said...

Yippee, Uncle Kennie's coming! :) Panteli

Sandra said...

good to know kenny as we have a day at cultus already planned