Thursday, July 18, 2013

HURTING

P7041721

As we walked into the Hospice Center we see a couple leaving carrying a box of treasures and tears in their eyes.  They put on a little brave smile.  Our hearts are touched by their pain.

Many fans are grieving the death of Cory  Monteith, an all Canadian kid who turned superstar on the T.V. show Glee.  One young man who turned to drugs and alcohol maybe because life was just too painful for him.
 
Many other parents have had to faced tragic news about their own dear children.
I pray that God’s love for my children will protect them when they are hurting and when they are afraid.  God love them when they are not strong enough to love themselves.  I ask for your loving light and healing presence to be with them.  Help them when temptation comes to take a way that may seem easy but can lead to death.

I know that I have been through painful times when I was hurting and I know I need forgiveness for the times I have hurt others.

No one can be what other people may want them to be but discover what you are meant to be and live it fully.  I hope that I can see the goodness and potential in others even when I feel undeserving myself.

A hurting world needs prayer!

Thank you Dear Lord for blessing us with our children,  grandchildren and great grandchildren!
And each other

"Even the dark days on the journey of faith are pregnant with hope."  -Leslie F. Brandt

Everyday a new day and every morning a time to enjoy the sunrise!

4 comments:

nancy-Lou said...

A lovely prayer and blessing for your children and for all children. Isn't it funny how we still think of our children as " our kids"....even though they are " grown up' long ago.
I woke up to the sounds of wolves howling..not coyotes, and my dogs started howling too, at 5am. An hour later I heard a gun shot, that was close by and cannot believe some idiot was shooting here..with 5,000 summer cottagers here and 400 permanent residents...in a 4 sq mile peninsula...nature was here first and we respect all wildlife and live in harmony...just have one poor bear show up here and it is a death sentence..almost everyone panics. Enjoying your pictures and blog very much Beth...what a great job you do keeping your family and friends in touch. Love Nancy

Sandra said...

So how was Eileen? I watched glee, very sad to see such a young man die by his own hand. I have a yoga instructor coming to my house today, doing 6 private lessons. Sandra

beth bennett said...

HI, Dad and I had a very pleasant visit with Eileen. She realizes the staff is there to really help her.
Dad is going to take her in some special soup from the health food store she likes.
/first I will visit Jim. The others there are going out for trips to the park and the beach which is wonderful. Jim cannot go.
I think yoga is excellent. Can I send dad over?
love mom

Anonymous said...

Yes, thankfully, each day is a new day!

Love,

Rick